• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CARMEN View Post
    it's a mix between cynicism and bandwagoning (both of which drip heavily on this forum)

his stuff has kind of sucked in the recent years though
    , so i sort of understand. but i won't forget what he's capable of. it's kind of difficult when a large subsection of my closet is a constant, beautiful reminder

silent, really? its watered down, overpriced, just full on blegh
    So, which one is it? Make up your mind.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CARMEN
      • Aug 2012

um, both?

i'm saying that he's made mistakes, but at the same time, i'm not like, oh fuck that guy damir he should like, die and shit just cause everyone else seems to be wiping their hands of him

if that makes sense to you.

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

u talk about his recent collections as if theyre small accidents , i dont think theyre accidents at all its somethin hes doin on purpose so why would ppl keep singing praises about him if they genuinely dont like his stuff ?

Comment

• CARMEN
          • Aug 2012

you still don't get what i'm trying to say. i'm not asking you to 'sing' fucking praises if it ain't your cup of tea, but in light of the fact that he has actually been known to possess skill, talent, and a rather particular vision, and has continued to produce beautiful collections up until like, 2-3 seasons ago (which isn't even a very long time), it's kind of retarded to say -- oh, well, fuck him and everything he puts out, as if your mental well has already been irreversibly poisoned

also, its one thing to look at his runway shows and say you're not moved. but personally, there's always several pieces on the rack that I eventually find appealing anyway, regardless of how they were styled down the catwalk

also, no one makes mistakes on purpose. he just happened to make creative choices that were not as appealing as they were before. jump ship if you want, i guess there's really no point in me giving a shit. the disdained comments that keep rolling in are just a bit irritating for those of us that still remain optimistic
          Last edited by CARMEN; 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

nahhh i get wtf youre sayin , what i dont get is why u keep tryin to champion him . i get that u like his stuff ok cool but u dont have to try and convince ppl otherwise . if some ppl dont like his clothes then they dont like it .
            the fuck u act like the negative feedback to his shows on here are just ppl bandwagonin like " i hate dd just cos everyone else on here does ". its not like that , if youre readin alot of bad feedback to his clothes its cos people dont like them . if somehow his next collection was something i liked id admit it and probably other ppl would too

Originally posted by CARMEN View Post
            also, no one makes mistakes on purpose. he just happened to make creative choices that were not as appealing as they were before
            if theyre not as appealin as they were before then why the fruit would ppl be happy with it ?

Comment

• CARMEN
              • Aug 2012

you're still not getting my point. my defense isn't necessarily even in favor of this collection in particular, but in regards to what seems to be the generalized mindset about damir as a designer. it seems like people are no longer able to criticize his work in an objective manner because of a few shoddy collections, and as i mentioned before, the potential bandwagon effect ... which i think is more pervasive than anyone is willing to admit. the way i see it, his triumphs are still able to overshadow his failures

but whatev. feel free to continue making inanely disparaging remarks for seasons to come, no sweat off my labia

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

as long as it sucks and looks either 80's or like the video "u can call me al" I think most people w/ eyes will say something about it. he's had more bad seasons than good ones, sure some of the basics are good but even OV has good basics, those are not the hardest things to do, I mean everyone charges $300 for a t-shirt if not more so if that's the only thing u have going... u can call me al.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                  • Jun 2009

For anyone interested, here are my backstage photos from the show:

Le 21ème

Comment

• between
                    • Oct 2011

i don't hate it as much as i did the last, say, 2 collections. but i think it might be me getting used to the fact that damir doma is a different brand now.
                    that's all i should say or else i'll just keep going on and on about how amazingly perfect F/W2011 was and how everything went downhill from there and blablabla but it has all been said so...

Comment

• mochachilled
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                      I like Silent more than this...
                      What happened after FW08/09?
                      Prefer silent these days..

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰