X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • safeword123
    • Jul 2008

Osman Fall 2013 RTW London

This is so good. I must admit I didn't know him until now. He has been producing collections regularly for quite a few years. He seems to be quite well known in the London fashion scene though. Maybe our London members can attest this.

• safeword123
    • Jul 2008

Comment

• safeword123
      • Jul 2008

Comment

• safeword123
        • Jul 2008

Comment

• safeword123
          • Jul 2008

Comment

• safeword123
            • Jul 2008

Comment

• safeword123
              • Jul 2008

The end.

Comment

• safeword123
                • Jul 2008

I am not sure about the white undie in one of the looks tho.

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

those pierre balmain sneakers he has on are so awful

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

many of the looks are way too michael kors 'luxe', and the fitting is off on some too. but i like some paneled tailored pieces and the use of volume by shoulders. pretty skirts also. never heard of the guy before either.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

He has been showing at LFW for a number of years now.
                      It's ok. I wouldn't say it's his best collection. As shucks said many looks are very "luxe".

I prefer when Osman sticks to his clean and minimalist aesthetic.
                      If I remember correctly, he show two lines in his showroom.
                      One, more "luxe" as seen on the catwalk, and a range of more minimal dresses etc.

Claude Montana seems to be a fan, as he is always at the guys showroom in Paris, slightly inebriated.
                      Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM.
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• safeword123
                        • Jul 2008

^ thanks for the info!

and Shucks, where did you see fitting off? part of the reason why I posted this collection was because i thought the fit and the tailoring were very good. I see the clothes nip, tuck and relax at the right places. And you really see Micheal Kors in this? to me, MK is all about american sportswear with simple and easy to understand design aesthetics, the clothes here have much more depth, and lots of tailoring, it is almost couture like.

Anyway, review from Style.com

by Afsun Qureshi

Perhaps it was the jolt of confidence that came from Beyoncé wearing his black and white jumpsuit to the Grammys earlier this month, but Osman Yousefzada suddenly and most dramatically upped the ante at his show today.

Backstage, Yousefzada told us he was thinking "Narnia—but not literally." But for us, a cape-back white trouser suit, a one-shouldered gray dress with an asymmetrical trumpet hem, and jackets with gauntlet sleeves conjured nothing so much as Sharon Stone circa Basic Instinct. Osman also subtly played up his Afghani roots via a midnight-blue jumpsuit with gold brocade detail, and a gossamer lace dress with stamped Lurex that was as light as vapor. A discreet cornflower-blue brocade and loopy Karakul wool knits—a first cousin of Astrakhan wool—provided further ethnic touches.

Osman's next trick in this cohesive and enlightened collection was to take lowly rabbit fur and make it look like mink on vests with shawl collars. A double-faced gray cashmere coat is likewise sure to win over customers. Which reminds us: Osman is the king of the "sell-through"—the expression retailers use when clothes sell at full price and don't even make it to markdown. In the end it was perhaps the utter delight on the face of Matches founder and CEO Tom Chapman that said it all. This collection will bring out the credit cards.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

^to me, "michael kors 'luxe'" means "blandly luxurious."

that's pretty much what i see here, incidentally. i want to avoid the B word that's been thrown around so carelessly lately, so i'll just say it's too "tasteful," often in a mother-of-the-bride kind of way.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No, it's totally bourgeois. Coincidentally, I pointedly refused to write so here also thinking I've been bourgeoising everything around lately, but you started it, so!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

here's what i reacted to regarding fit:

waist/hips

waist

bust

and some examples from michael kors of the 'luxe' vibe i'm getting at (i'm not saying anything is actually derivative - i actually agree to some degree with what you say about the tailoring):

ps. laika, good to be in agreement.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎