Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

I absolutely love this collection. Last season had a similar excess of fabrics, but I think it works even better here within the framework of tailoring - controlled explosions that really pull you in for a closer look.

I think it's interesting to consider this collection in comparison to FW12, and the thread on Digital Representation (and 525252's amazing post), because if that collection could be seen as a reaction to fashion and the fashioned body as a two dimensional entity, here she again approaches that idea, but from a different direction.

The front row was drawn in as close as possible to really see the clothes, and the clothes themselves are clearly impossible to be understood through front or back photographs alone - they defy that neat presentation that so many are used to when consuming fashion imagery. Tailoring is so much about presenting a clean, sanitised body, that here the excess forces you to reconsider the relationship between body and cloth.

The whole collection seemed to me to be like a wake-up call to the fashion world (rather like Yohji this season) to actually look at the garments and think about the garments, rather than just the image.
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• safeword123
      • Jul 2008

per style.com, Rei commissioned Daniel Michiels to create the print for the last few looks. here is a sample of his work.

My God We Have Needles And Pens, 2009

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I think, like all CDG, it can look a fine mess from a distance, but up close, everything is very strategic and there for a purpose. The detailed pics really make all the difference. Beautiful, as always.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

via cathy horyn
          Attached Files

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rider View Post
              via cathy horyn
              nice pics cathy. lulz.

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              flight jacket

Last edited by Shucks; 03-04-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• xeraphim
                • Nov 2008

handled some pieces at dsm earlier, absolutely stunning - (de)construction at its finest.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

that looks awesome!

I had a look at DSM too just recently, it was very cool. Several nice slightly more toned down pieces as well.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

nyc stock...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰