X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dreavan
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    One party is not enough. We are co-hosting Damir Doma's after party. Invite and RSVP info below.

So many parties during the weekend. SP, SZ and DD ^^! I'll go to all of them before starting serious business. See you there :)

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

Sang Bleu is cool so we will give permission to go there from 7-8 only
      Haha, just brought to mind Menswear F/W 2010.. was on a flight from NYC to Paris.. some dude involved with Sang Bleu struck up a conversation with me in the aisle of the plane while waiting for the bathroom.. we were both wearing RO geo's, which was all it took for that conversation to be struck..

Skipped out on the party, which was that same night. Trans-Atlantic flights: sleep > hobnobbing
      sain't

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
        • Nov 2007

Dear Anomie and all SZer's in Paris,

Our show will be dedicated to people very dear to us who have, and are, passing away... who shared work with us on our collections, and to their families, and their sons and daughters, our dear friends- who continue to work with us today; and to all people and their families, with whom we share this short, precious, and fragile time together that we call life, on this precious and fragile place we call earth. Very simply, we think it's a time for respect, for togetherness and for love. So, we will try to do a runway show that will reflect this message in the best way we can under the circumstances.

Please note, the last thing I wanted to do was to conflict with Eugene and Arto's SZ Mag launch event... fashion calendar scheduling requirements forced us to show on Saturday night at 8.30 PM. And we are very sorry. Few things have helped us communicate what we are about and contributed to our steady growth in supporters around the world in the past few years, than this forum, and I am both grateful and indebted to both of these people for things they have done for us in the past in so many ways. And while I would love to be at the SZ event in person, I will be there for them in spirit. However, the showspace is a very close walk to the SZ Party location, and we will be encouraging everyone at the show by word of mouth and on our printed program to head right over after it is over. We will also be spreading the word about the next night's Stealthprojekt party as well to everyone too. If you are in Paris and an SZ reader, and wish to attend our show, you will definitely need an invite. So for your convenience and urgency, please find a special SZ guest pass that you can print and bring to the door to see the show. You are now cordially invited. And we look forward to seeing you if you can make it.

Best wishes and thank you,

Geoffrey
        for everyone I am working with on Saturday

Comment

• Anomie
          • Jan 2011

Thank you very much, Geoffrey.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

what a lovely gesture.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Dear Geoffrey,

Thank you for this kind post. I am glad quite a few people went to see your show (had I known about it beforehand, I would've moved our event), and sounds like it was a success.

We, of course, missed you at the party!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

I feel fairly certain that 16-year-old fashion boys, and probably some 25-year-olds, were on their computers on Wednesday night, dying over these clothes. Somebody in the high fashion world was on their side, and that would be Mr. Simons. In 1996, 1997 and 1998, at the start of his fashion, he was on the side of an earlier generation, creating the updated version of the skinny black suit, among other things. His video “16, 17 How to Talk to Your Teen” remains, in my mind, one of the best visual expressions of the underlying hopes and attitudes in fashion.

He could always say more about fashion than almost any other designer, and he could say it with astonishing clarity and authority.

But not many designers have the drive, feeling and curiosity to appeal to two completely different generations.

To young men this season, Mr. Simons offered airy, unconstrained, versatile clothes (essentially a loose top or a collared shirt worn with the baby shorts and maybe layered with a blazer) that do not display the standard gender or luxury characteristics, and which have graphics that pulse with humor and life.

And to the fashion world, Mr. Simons offered a bounty of ideas — shapes, colors, proportions, textures — that others will greedily copy over the next few seasons.

guess who? what a silly old fool she is, 16 year olds dream of nike and hollister.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Alas, young men don't care what Mr. Simons has to offer. This isn't 1998.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎