• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

SILENT by Damir Doma, SS14

First look on StyleZeitgeist Magazine
    (more photos in the link)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • akkeri
    • Jul 2012

Eek...

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

I really like it. It seems that I'm the only one.
      The jackets are interesting as the knitwear and the sneaker. I can't wait to see the rest.

Comment

• ngoa
        • Oct 2009

the leather bomber jacket looks nice.
        but i cant jugde when only 10 pieces are shown yet.
        perforated hoodies and sweaters are good for the summer. i hope to see more of them in the collection.

Comment

• i-d-g
          • Sep 2012

I keep going back and forth on this because on one hand, it's boring and very basic. On the other hand, it's a diffusion line centered on the idea of being basic and minimal, so it's justified in a sense.
          “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• akkeri
            • Jul 2012

I find it tacky. The jumper and the sweat pants look like pieces you'd see in H&M.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ngoa View Post
              the leather bomber jacket looks nice.
              but i cant jugde when only 10 pieces are shown yet.
              perforated hoodies and sweaters are good for the summer. i hope to see more of them in the collection.
              There were lots more but had no time to photograph it all. Waiting for the lookbook.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

Silent has been my last bastion of respect for Damir but this season it looks like I may have to let go of that as well.

I hope not as Silent has become somewhat of a staple in my wardrobe but as with every season he's been putting out I don't like the direction.

It is too early to call on this one for certain. I'll wait for the look book but I'm feeling anxious already.
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Dreavan
                  • Mar 2012

I wish Silent pants had more ... structure. They still look the same ... sneakers too.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Thanks for pictures.
                        I'm not disappointed, it's really nice especially the bomber and the leather one.

Comment

• blowdown
                          • Feb 2011

tbh, i miss the old silent where everything was simple and all, good basics at reasonable pricing, i do know that the brand is probably progressing but if i were to get utility wear like these they are producing, i might as well get them elsewhere

Comment

• Dreavan
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by noumenos
                            I disagree. IMO, SILENT is the only way to get descent sneakers at reasonable price, as I never spend more than 200 euros on sneakers (ok, I wait for the sales...). For instance, the side zip of this season SS13 are perfect for me.
                            Yes I agree about the old sneakers. I have these ones and are lasting forever lol

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
                              tbh, i miss the old silent where everything was simple and all, good basics at reasonable pricing, i do know that the brand is probably progressing but if i were to get utility wear like these they are producing, i might as well get them elsewhere
                              i think you hit the nail on the head. the pricepoint has relatively remained the same so it's not a pricing issue, it's that the basics are much more utilitarian "basic". i have a few old hoodies from the line and i've missed the "more than basic" basics feel that silent gave me. it reminded me of the garments speaking for themselves as basics instead of having to compensate with frivolous design. now the basics are too basic and i believe you can stilll see a correlation between now and 2 years ago. the line seems to be slowly losing it's voice and silent is sounding all too silent as far as what it has to say.
                              Last edited by messenoire; 07-22-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎