X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

there's so much i like here:

my first reaction was YES! GLEN FUCKING DANZIG!

then the punky skirts, and the rumpled matte fabrics, and the ruched pants, and the harlequin patterned patchwork, and the leather cuirasses with bondage straps (HOW GREAT ARE THESE!), the detachable extra sleeves, the abundance of black, the sheer layers (long shirts?) under blazers...

all so so good.

anyone got a link to video?

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

best of the season

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      there's so much i like here:

my first reaction was YES! GLEN FUCKING DANZIG!

then the punky skirts, and the rumpled matte fabrics, and the ruched pants, and the harlequin patterned patchwork, and the leather cuirasses with bondage straps (HOW GREAT ARE THESE!), the detachable extra sleeves, the abundance of black, the sheer layers (long shirts?) under blazers...

all so so good.

anyone got a link to video?

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

vid here

rei's pirates

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

ah great. thanks! looking forward to a better quality one though...

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

This collection really is fantastic. I'm glad to see she's taken some of the complexity and construction techniques from recent womenswear collections and applied them to menswear. I really like this idea of peeling layers and it's so well executed here. I'm hoping the layers of voile and double lapels are actually attached to garments and not just styling (knowing CDG though they will be attached to garments). The ruched pants are indeed amazing though I'm not sure how wearable they are in real life.
            music

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Went to the showroom and the clothes are really fantastic.

The idea of the collection was chrysalis, so they worked on the jackets starting from the longer inner layer, through the shorter mid layer, and to the shortest outer layer. The jackets are still pretty light - lots of tropical weight wool and mohair. Other jackets are three light layer blazers joined together at the back - something she's done once before several years ago. So, you can actually take one jacket off and it will hang on your back.

Casey, I think you of all people will pull off the ruched pants because you are tall and slim. Go for it!

There was also the obligatory black kilt and some nice slim pants and shorts.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

OMG
                Showroom

music

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰