• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mumma
    • Oct 2008

Christophe Lemaire spring/summer 2014

LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
    Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
    www.loupeon.com
  • mumma
    • Oct 2008

www.loupeon.com

Comment

• mumma
      • Oct 2008

www.loupeon.com

Comment

• alyabebo
        • Nov 2010

reminds some 90's style... anyway Christophe is one of my favourite guys now, no one does this laconical clothing besides him❤

Comment

• emmyrea
          • Feb 2013

one of my favorites of his so far. has anyone read the bit on him and Sarah-Linh Tran in apartamento magazine? so interesting

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I've heard he's a great guy, very passionate and straightforward. One of the designers I wish I could love, but the clothes do nothing for me.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
              • Jul 2010

Gives me a strong 90s Jil Sander vibe. I want to like them, they have the right architectural elements, but I keep sliding off the surface.

if that make sense
              It's absolutely Hedious!
              shy poser

Comment

• Bson
                • May 2013

Also doesn't feel right on me, Faust... Although I have a Parisian friend who really embodies the clothes... They have an incredible air on certain people, it's something that you can't see in print

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

faust,

the more I listen and read about his vision and the how and why of his creative process the more I've come to appreciate him as a designer. from my own experience wearing his clothing, I feel a sense of reverence. beautifully enough, his clothing makes you look inwards and focus on personal strength and beauty, as opposed to projecting outwards. there are few designers that have mastered this technique, I would put christophe right up there with rick, yohji, ann, etc...
                  Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I believe you.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                      • Apr 2010

"There’s a fine line between timelessness and elegance and just simply being boring. No offence, but how do you avoid being boring?

– Just because I’m into minimalism doesn’t mean I’m not a curious person, I’m very curious. Very eclectic, very into the history of fashion and art as well as different cultures. I’ve been lucky enough to travel. I probably integrate that in my work, more or less consciously but always avoiding being too obvious. You may find references to Asian culture or New Wave aesthetics, the 20s, avant-garde, etcetera. I try to fuse all that into something very simple, trying to be as timeless and simple as possible. I make clothes that I really like to wear myself. Maybe that’s one way of keeping simplicity from being boring. Simplicity doesn’t mean poor; it can be rich and full of stories.- "

great article
                      Originally posted by Shucks
                      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                      Originally posted by interest1
                      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• KodakII
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                        "There’s a fine line between timelessness and elegance and just simply being boring. No offence, but how do you avoid being boring?

great article
                        Well I'm glad he's worked that out because his collections prior to 2007 were nothing more but boring. When did he and Samuel Drira meet? I'm just trying to get a timeline as to when he became totally entrenched in this 1980s silhouette.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
                          Well I'm glad he's worked that out because his collections prior to 2007 were nothing more but boring. When did he and Samuel Drira meet? I'm just trying to get a timeline as to when he became totally entrenched in this 1980s silhouette.
                          a.k.a. the damir doma syndrome

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎