• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Gaspard Yurkievich Mens FW08-09 - Paris

After many failed attempts at trying to like this guys work, I think I finally found a winner.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gaspard Yurkievich Mens FW08-09 - Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Orochi
          • Sep 2007

I really liked his SS08 , and I'm happy to see some pieces being updated for this collection (ie. the pull over with the neckline notched to look like flattend lapels). I still don't think he has a distinct personal style, and hints of other more influential designers keep popping up with the individual pieces, but overall this seems to be a very wearable and desirable collection.

Being as young as he is I think the label's future is quite promising.

Comment

• Pinoy
            • Dec 2006

I've never heard of Yurkievich before, but I'm liking a lot of this? even if as Orochi mentioned, a lot of the design and style were drawn from current and past designers (cloak and to a lesser extent, burberry prorsum come to mind). hopefully being a relatively young designer, his price points will be reasonable.
            Does anyone have any insight on his prices? Stores that carry Yurkievich? My goodness, his surname is a bitch to type :P

Comment

• jowaha
              • Nov 2007

The oversized sweaters definitely recall Prorsum FW07 and the plaid pants, although cut a bit different, compare to those from Prorsum's most recent collection... must be why I like it. I'm also curious to see who carries this line and what the price points will be.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎