• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • what_counts
    • Mar 2008

Re: Julius F/W 08.09

thats an intence look I really like it but could never pull off the hat

the jacket looks really nice tho I"m in no position to cop tho

moneys tight and the last thing i need for spring is another leather jacket lol

Comment

• thejjbb
      • Apr 2008

I absolutely love that look.

I'll definitely cop the jacket if I can.

But the hat kind of reminds me of the Yukes from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="winQ"]I think that actually may be my favorite jacket yet from julius, combines all my favorite elements from previous jackets.

ram skin
        high neck collar from s/s 08
        dual long zip pockets from a/w 07

though I kinda wish the two zippers just went all the way up ala margiela-style.
        [/quote]

agreed... although i'd also be fine with just the chest zippers not existing.

Comment

• Piffen
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="mass"][quote user="winQ"]I think that actually may be my favorite jacket yet from julius, combines all my favorite elements from previous jackets.

ram skin
          high neck collar from s/s 08
          dual long zip pockets from a/w 07

though I kinda wish the two zippers just went all the way up ala margiela-style.
          [/quote] agreed... although i'd also be fine with just the chest zippers not existing.[/quote]

You guys don't feel it gets a little to symetric with four pockets? I don't like those looks for some reason, perhaps it looks to functional? I really don't know but I feel it makes the jacket look a little too, eh, predictable?

Love the high collar though, that's just dope.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

[quote user="merz"]

winston, i fear i may have to cop.

speaking of which, any place still got the leather messenger bag from current season?

[/quote]

looking for the messenger bag myself. I like it better then the upcoming FW version, not to mention that the price has increased to 47,250 yen for the new bag. afaik its sold out everywhere and I haven't seen it pop up on any of the auction sites.

if anyone happens to see the SS08 high collar leather jacket in a size 1 selling anywhere I'd appreciate the info.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

mid-autumn collection is starting to arrive in webstores.

love the design of this jacket....

[img]file:///C:/Users/Damien/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]

hate the graininess of the buffalo leather used. guess I'll stay on the hunt for the S/S 08 high collar leather.

Comment

• winQ
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

The best leather julius ever used, and I'll go as far as saying the best leather I've felt, is the ram skin they use. The grain, depth of color, thickness and suppleness of the leather is unbelievable. They use it on most of their bags and a few of their leather jackets, one of which being the a/w 08 high collar that's coming out soon..

the s/s 08 high collar has a similar grain to the jacket mentioned abovez(in djis post). the color is also closer to gray than black. but the collar is seriously the most awesome thing ever and I miss the hell out of that jacket.

Comment

• winQ
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

Some fit pics of the jacket dji mentioned..

seems like theres some bloating around the waist due to the angled zipper, or the model gained a pot belly recently.

Comment

• winQ
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

Also a pretty important but subtle detail is the leather border around the zippers. The A/W versions of this jacket have this, and the S/S don't. With nothing to hold the zippers in place you kinda sound like a christmas tree when you move.

Comment

• Chim
                      • Dec 2006

Winston you sold your julius riders jacket? the high collar SS version? I was waiting for you to unload it!! [:'(]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

shoooooot, when they gonna drop dems black treated twist jeans?!
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

[quote user="Chim"]Winston you sold your julius riders jacket? the high collar SS version? I was waiting for you to unload it!! [:'(][/quote]

I've been checking Y! and used stores daily looking for that jacket....[:(]

chinorlz I think the AW collection is going to start arriving late july, at least according to one of the webstores

Comment

• what_counts
                            • Mar 2008

winq that jacket looks amazing, nice purchase I'm very jealous

Comment

• Avantster
                              ¤¤¤
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="winQ"]Also a pretty important but subtle detail is the
                              leather border around the zippers. The A/W versions of this jacket have
                              this, and the S/S don't. With nothing to hold the zippers in place you
                              kinda sound like a christmas tree when you move.
                              [/quote]

damn, Winston, you make me want to pick up the SS version high collar. still, I never considered the christmas tree effect. considering how hefty the zippers are it would be pretty damn noisy.

[quote user="merz"]any links to webstores?
                              [/quote]

PM sent.

[quote user="Chinorlz"]shoooooot, when they gonna drop dems black treated twist jeans?!
                              [/quote]

word. I need some new jeans having worn my acnes to the ground.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                                • Oct 2007

Anyone care to hook a brother up with available webstores?[75]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎