• Oct 2007

Comment

• likeaboy
          • May 2013

layers and layers and layers

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

Haven't been a fan of Ziggy's work so much before, but this is dope.

Sorry to even put this question in the thread: Is there a list of stockists? Atelier, Vertice, and PNP were the only ones I knew.

Comment

• Moribund
              • Jul 2009

H Lorenzo and I believe Sartorialoft is now a stockist as well.

Comment

• limeade
                • Feb 2013

A lot of volume, and a lot to appreciate, the fabrics looks great. Love the striped lining on the coats.

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                  Haven't been a fan of Ziggy's work so much before, but this is dope.

Sorry to even put this question in the thread: Is there a list of stockists? Atelier, Vertice, and PNP were the only ones I knew.

Comment

• eleven crows
                    • Mar 2011

Many thanks, surver.

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                      Many thanks, surver.
                      you're welcome

Comment

• udbrud
                        • Dec 2013

This looks quite fantastic - really into this collection. The subtle asymmetries and dulled colors really work for this, in my opinion, even though I normally don't find things outside the black/gray scope too appealing.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Interesting. I have some doubts about how this would look in real life, but these photos have a certain impact. I like the combination of an oversized silhouette with a high and short button stance; it gives a subtle sharpness to the overall drapiness.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

a nice snipet from Obscura Magazine:

Ziggy Chen FW2014 Collection
                            A collision of East and West, old and new

For many, clothes are simply clothes -- pieces of fabric cut and sewn to cover the body. In the hands of the right designer, however, they become much more, encompassing ideas of place, history and culture. Based in Shanghai, Ziggy Chen is one of the bright lights in a burgeoning Chinese fashion scene and a designer who takes inspiration from his hometown, as well as the collision of East and West, old and new, and tradition and modernity. His understated, transcultural aesthetic is meticulously-researched, yet boldly-experimental, and features the use of unique textiles sourced from various mills in Shanghai and around the world.

For the upcoming Fall/Winter season, Chen continued his exploration of the fundamentals of menswear in the ongoing quest for his “own personal language.” This inward, contemplative journey led him back in time to the “glamorous dress” of 17th century Europe, the world of American workwear and the two-dimensional cuts of traditional Chinese clothing. Raw, yet also soft and elegant, the result was a collection that places strong emphasis on wearability, comfort and individuality, with fabrics cut, re-cut and treated to impart a “lived-in” quality. Long, loose and layered, yet impeccably tailored, each look exemplifies the kind of creative and cultural juxtapositions that make Chen one of the more compelling designers to watch. Take a look at the collection above and for more information, visit the designer’s website here.

http://www.obscura-magazine.com/en/n...ail.php?id=143

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

zen dog

Thanks for the images and follow up article, Surver. I've continued to return to the pics since your post. I can't wait for the clothes, although, if like past seasons, it seems they have to be chased across the internet to put together wanted pieces. I think this collection can be worn in a much greater totality than many others, operating somewhere between business, nomad, contemporary design.
                              I fell in love with his work a few seasons ago when he had that amazing blue. I woke up in time to realize (correctly) it might not come back and purchased a coat in that color. Now he's come up with that faded, dusty red. No need to long for the blue. Probably a life lesson in there somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎