• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Re: Patrik Ervell NY FW 08-09

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• cbdas
        • Oct 2006

it annoys me how a lot of those looks are complete rehashes of looks from past collections.some of the new stuff however is kind of interesting.do not like the gold jackets at all.

Comment

• desultory
          • Aug 2007

You mean you can fit your balls in some of those pants?

Comment

• desultory
            • Aug 2007

In the second group of photos, check out Number Six, he's just crunched a nut. The guy with the patent shoes.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="cbdas"]it annoys me how a lot of those looks are complete rehashes of looks from past collections.some of the new stuff however is kind of interesting.do not like the gold jackets at all.
              [/quote]

I completely agree. It's starting to get very repetitive. The only thing I like about this collection more so than the last few is the color palette but other than that...it's getting stale.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="cbdas"]it annoys me how a lot of those looks are complete rehashes of looks from past collections.some of the new stuff however is kind of interesting.do not like the gold jackets at all.
                [/quote]

I completely agree. It's starting to get very repetitive. The only thing I like about this collection more so than the last few is the color palette but other than that...it's getting stale.

[/quote]

and not like there was something interesting to repeat. once you lock yourself into something so basic, you have very little room to maneuver, so one better evolve quick. this is like a bad copy of stephen schneider.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I think I'm the only one so far who doesn't find this that repetitive.. theres a very clear pattern and soem things are rehashed, but I think theres some fresh looks and pieces as well. couple of ones I really like, many are a bit dull. I like the colour scheme and some of the trousers look good.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

Same shit, different toilet.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

I don't find it that bad. The color palette is new as is the flashy use of gold and that super detailed cardigan was something I wouldn't expect him to do. Of course much of this is derivative of F/W 07, but that collection was a big evolution (for Ervell at least) in terms of breadth and what was in stores, so I don't think he's been totally stagnant since the beginning. I guess I look at his collections more for individual pieces, because the things I've bought from seasons past have all been wonderful. Maybe his lack of pizzaz doesn't warrant a runway show (gold pieces aside) but it's nice to have a designer or two who you can go to for the same kind of thing season after season (that is, if his kinda thing speaks to you). The quality and fit of everything I've gotten has been great and at price points that are half of "big designers".
                      music

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I just don't understand why he does the same jackets, knits, and trousers every single season? Most people would call Rick Owens repetitive but at the least he switches up his coats and pants but still keeps the general aesthetic.

Ervell is literally just changing the colors on the same jackets. I think there is maybe all of 2 new coats in this collection.....and that's it. Not that I mind that much but I just think he's going to lose customers because they aren't going to want to have 3 of the same jacket just in different colors...but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

It's true, the direct repetition of coats from F/W 07 in different colors is a bit lazy. Maybe he thinks people still aren't hip to him so they're worth repeating, i dunno... The weird thing is many of these jackets he's repeating never made it to stores. I never saw the color blockjackets from F/W 07 anywhere (this season with gold) and his "classic" parachute jacket I never seen in 3 seasons of doing it in different colors (the red one from SS06 was best).
                          music

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

^That's funny because I saw all that shit.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

I called every store in the US to try and find the parachute jacket but no one picked it up. I guess it was supposed to retail for around $1300.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎