X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stemcell
    • Jul 2011

I love to come here for interesting things like that press release,
    (so, thanks for that) but it's somehow always still a bit of a shock to see what I mostly assume are adults arguing like teenagers and being either way too sensitive or way too passive aggressive. ...I'll just sit here in the dark listening to "Black Celebration" and drink to that... Can't wait for FW15.

On another note, Faun leaves me wanting something more from Rick, marketing wise. I know he doesn't advertise, and sure there are the social networks or the oversized minimal look books in the store... but for some reason I'd really love to see a video from the brand about this. (dare I say fashion film) I never had that desire from Mountain, or Naska or anything else... I guess I just liked those collections enough on their own.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
      but it's somehow always still a bit of a shock to see what I mostly assume are adults arguing like teenagers and being either way too sensitive or way too passive aggressive. ...I'll just sit here in the dark listening to "Black Celebration" and drink to that... Can't wait for FW15.
      Yes, it sure is surprising that people who have a real passion for design have strong opinions and argue about things. What a shock that people aren't just lifeless dullards who don't give a shit about anything and just sit on the sidelines not doing or saying anything.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

For the rest there is Instagram. Consumers, not producers.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• grapefruitpop
          Banned
          • Jun 2013

I love to come here for interesting things like that press release,
          (so, thanks for that) but it's somehow always still a bit of a shock to see what I mostly assume are adults arguing like teenagers and being either way too sensitive or way too passive aggressive. ...I'll just sit here in the dark listening to "Black Celebration" and drink to that... Can't wait for FW15.

On another note, Faun leaves me wanting something more from Rick, marketing wise. I know he doesn't advertise, and sure there are the social networks or the oversized minimal look books in the store... but for some reason I'd really love to see a video from the brand about this. (dare I say fashion film) I never had that desire from Mountain, or Naska or anything else... I guess I just liked those collections enough on their own.
          You seriously think Rick doesn't advertise? Not in the sense of taking out full pages in magazines but the plethora of interviews, his big ass Rizzoli book, his instagram, his affiliation with popular rappers etc...

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
            You seriously think Rick doesn't advertise? Not in the sense of taking out full pages in magazines but the plethora of interviews, his big ass Rizzoli book, his instagram, his affiliation with popular rappers etc...
            NO. WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER.

Comment

• stemcell
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              Yes, it sure is surprising that people who have a real passion for design have strong opinions and argue about things. What a shock that people aren't just lifeless dullards who don't give a shit about anything and just sit on the sidelines not doing or saying anything.
              RULL STRON PASHUN 4 FASHUN. C'mon anyone can see the point I was making. You're illustrating it beautifully. But I am not going to fill up the thread with anymore of that. Perhaps shock was the wrong word, but personally, I only have a few close friends who are really into the things we are into, I don't see the point in finding a community of similar thinking people— and then bother bringing some kind of aggression, intentional rudeness/vexing/etc to the table.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

RULL STRON PASHUN 4 FASHUN. C'mon anyone can see the point I was making. You're illustrating it beautifully. But I am not going to fill up the thread with anymore of that. Perhaps shock was the wrong word, but personally, I only have a few close friends who are really into the things we are into, I don't see the point in finding a community of similar thinking people— and then bother bringing some kind of aggression, intentional rudeness/vexing/etc to the table.
                I don't see the point in finding someone else's heated discussion and then smugly pointing out how above it you are, seems a bit desperate to me. I guess we're both just super confused right now.

Comment

• stemcell
                  • Jul 2011

yeah, you're right. I really shouldn't have said anything. Hope all is well.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Well, that was unexpected and nice. Cheers.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
                      That's marketing, not advertising.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

For people want the "sock shoes", there are available on online store farfetch. Only 41 left.

@mrbeuys, hum yes. Fixed.
                        Last edited by Crowzer; 01-16-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Sure you meant sock.
                          It's a bit cheaper too than in the UK (about £ 80)

F
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

was tempted try them but FF's pricing is fucked up, 1,229 EUR (~$1400 USD) for Europe but over $2K USD for the States..

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              was tempted try them but FF's pricing is fucked up, 1,229 EUR (~$1400 USD) for Europe but over $2K USD for the States..
                              Just use a proxy

Edit: ofc, that's just in case you can't wait ;)
                              Last edited by bukka; 01-16-2015, 11:00 AM.
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

^ or wait for a less shitty retailer to get them in.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎