• Show
Clear All
  • Philipppp
    • Apr 2010

ZIGGY CHEN S/S 2015

MORE AT: STEALTHPROJEKT BLOG
  • zen dog
    • Jan 2014

Thanks for the images and heads up, Phiipppp. I haven't started thinking about f/w thats just hitting the shops now but its great to see whats in store for the future.

Ziggy seems to have found his groove and I like to see him working in it-subtlely tweaking it from season to season. I get the sense of someone working, refining, exploring without the need to come up with something extreme to capture people's attention.

Comment

• byhand
      • Dec 2011

The sunglasses collab with Rigards is aces but will of course be available nowhere.

This brand always looks potent in publicity shots but loses some magic when seen on a fit model for the few stockists who carry the line. Minus the requisite layering of subtly different fabrics (all amazing, btw) and brand synergy when putting together a set of clothes, it can fall a little flat. The only way to really do the brand justice is to fly to Shanghai to visit the shop with an empty suitcase. The stockists don't dive deeply enough.

The bag is mine if anyone carries it.
      Last edited by byhand; 08-16-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• zen dog
        • Jan 2014

^ They are beautiful, couldn't you contact his store in China or Rigards directly? Probably a good time to get in line for a small production.
        Last edited by zen dog; 08-16-2014, 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• apathy!
          • Jan 2014

I like the look of this.

Pardon my ignorance, what is happening with the coat in the first two pics? Are those oversized pockets or what?

Comment

• woof
            • May 2014

^i think those are the pants..?

Originally posted by byhand View Post
            This brand always looks potent in publicity shots but loses some magic when seen on a fit model for the few stockists who carry the line.
            yeah, the promo shots always show off the texture really well. but i dunno, i've never handled his stuff so i dunno how much of this is great lighting on the brand's part or poor shots on the retailer's part...probably a bit of both. his stuff is probably the kind that looks a lot better after it's been worn in and crumpled a bit.

it's not on here, but the new multipocket blazer looks really nice.

the eastern influence seems a lot weaker to me this season but im a poor judge of these things.

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by woof View Post
              ^i think those are the pants..?

That's what I thought. They are ridiculously wide if that's true.

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

Well, ridiculously wide has become the inevitable balance to the ubiquitous skinny pant.

If this is the multipocket blazer you refer to, I'm with ya. Shortened outer fabric exposes what would ordinarily be hidden as the jacket lining. Works here but can easily be a disaster if put on the wrong body and paired with garments that lack the same attitude. A more subtle version of this same idea can be seen in a jacket pic posted above.

Last edited by byhand; 08-16-2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                  The sunglasses collab with Rigards is aces but will of course be available nowhere.

This brand always looks potent in publicity shots but loses some magic when seen on a fit model for the few stockists who carry the line. Minus the requisite layering of subtly different fabrics (all amazing, btw) and brand synergy when putting together a set of clothes, it can fall a little flat. The only way to really do the brand justice is to fly to Shanghai to visit the shop with an empty suitcase. The stockists don't dive deeply enough.

The bag is mine if anyone carries it.
                  I am sure you can order it through otherfashion.net
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

The frames from this collection are now available on OtherFashion.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

Ziggy Chen Exclusively for Lane Crawford capsule collection

Last edited by surver; 05-12-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• surver
                        • Oct 2007

中国创造:Ziggy, Chen, Lane, Crawford, 流行品牌网上商城

Last edited by surver; 05-12-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎