• aussy
    • Jul 2011

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

Comment

• Caetano
        • Apr 2014

The metallic looks are just awesome! And I loved the shoes.... Beautifully done!
        “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

• Vinyl Only
          • Jun 2012

Almost hard to believe this was a NYFW show in terms of styling, casting and clothes. A layered spring/summer show featuring looks that are easy to deconstruct and imagine in parts. So happy to like this quite a lot after hearing word of mouth reports that the looks were flowy, roomy and featured tie dye. I imagined something much more quirky. So glad to see this feels pretty solid!

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

Interesting photos. He seems to have absorbed conventional male wardrobe items into his own silhouette.

Movement of fabrics and constrained colour look good.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I don't know. I love Siki, but I can't stomach pajamas. Not here, not when Ann does them, not when Haider does them, never.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• i-d-g
                • Sep 2012

really refreshing to see something like this in nyfw
                “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

Siki explains the collection here

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

im just not seein it . ive looked at the collection up and down a few times , struggling to make it totally appealing but i just dont see it . i mean maybe a couple individual garments here n there but overall im not feeling it . i kinda sorta like the final 2 fits with the super wide jnco pants , just need a necklace made of lil stuffed animals and a pacifier around his neck , maybe have some delta9 or jack lucifer playin in the background

Comment

• Tolley
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I don't know. I love Siki, but I can't stomach pajamas. Not here, not when Ann does them, not when Haider does them, never.
                      Exactly. And they don't sell well AT ALL.

I really the distressed hem shorts and a couple of the slimmer tops. 2nd and 3rd looks were really good.

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

^It doesn't really read as pajamas to me though... I find the volume with such light and fine fabrics really elegant, it was especially nice in movement.

Models.com just posted some humongous images where you can really appreciate the details.
                        music

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                          • Jun 2012

After reading a review criticizing designers who may have cited current events as inspiration but failed to reflect it in their casting in terms of diversity, I had to wonder if Siki meant this as a comment on recent events in Ferguson. A statement of sympathy and perhaps even solidarity? Even if it isn't, tie dye that's readable as bloodstains on a defiant black male model is a strong image and beautiful in its own way.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            im just not seein it . ive looked at the collection up and down a few times , struggling to make it totally appealing but i just dont see it . i mean maybe a couple individual garments here n there but overall im not feeling it . i kinda sorta like the final 2 fits with the super wide jnco pants , just need a necklace made of lil stuffed animals and a pacifier around his neck , maybe have some delta9 or jack lucifer playin in the background
                            ^^^Man, you beat me to it. I was going to say "Candy Raver Couture". I mean, I actually love raver pants and gear from the 90s, but to me, this is almost exactly what's been presented in this show, so nothing I haven't seen at parties back in the day. Even down to the headbands and visors. Maybe that's the point? UFO and Kikwear throwback time!

Comment

• aya1293
                              • Apr 2013

Not a fan of the tie dye pieces or as Faust mentioned, the PJ looking ones but there are a few pieces that aren't too bad in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎