• Nov 2008

Comment

• xeraphim
      • Nov 2008

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

this is half galliano-ish couture, half wannabe-margiela that would be better in a non-couture collection. did he run out of time or something?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Illithid Dude
          • May 2013

Not gonna post the second half?

Personally, I loved the collection. I think it's unfair to want Galliano to not imbue himself in to the collection. The challenge of designing for an existing house is for the designer to combine his or herself with the existing codes of the house, and I thought that Galliano did so beautifully.

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

there is no "second half" - taking into consideration how the show was presented, the quick walkthrough of models dressed in toiles were more likely a narrative of the process rather than to serve as actual showpieces.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

that's the last post from me for a while..

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

So apparently it´s called 'Maison Margiela' now.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• qcqc
                  • Oct 2012

curious if they're going to change the logo also

Comment

• nathaliew817
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    this is half galliano-ish couture, half wannabe-margiela that would be better in a non-couture collection. did he run out of time or something?
                    ^so true

I see the collection and if I didn't knew what I was looking at, I would be confused. There's no clear style in it.
                    V A N II T A S

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                      • Oct 2014

I thought the collection was OKAY on its own, there were a couple pieces I quite liked, and enjoyed the bold use of red. It was almost definitely very challenging for someone who has as distinct and bold an aesthetic as Galliano to design a collection under a label with such a unique history and vision attached to the name...especially given all the added melodrama surrounding the situation, I don't envy his position at all.. that being said I'm still not a fan of Galliano + Margiela as a merger, nothing blew me away in the collection and I believe he was given ample opportunity to do so..I was honestly expecting something that would bring some level of shock and awe, (either in a really good or really terrible way) but it felt lukewarm.

To be fair I admittedly viewed the collection with some level of prejudice and bias as I am always somewhat uneasy with another designer taking over ones namesake label, and I don't think I'll ever get over my personal dislike for Galliano over his past behavior (though that is and should probably remain outside the discussion of this collection).

Comment

• Bson
                        • May 2013

Thanks for the extra photos, Shucks. He's genius... Loved every part of this collection, especially the last look... So glad he's back :)

Comment

• BodyDouble
                          • Jan 2014

I think the presentation was tastefully balanced and eye catching enough considering who and what we're dealing with. I believe MMM has only recently in the past few years been considered as officially Haute Couture (someone please correct me if i'm wrong as I'm having trouble locating the article where they've been inducted ceremonially), and this would be the first time they've had a big designer name at the helm (other than the previous designer, Mathieu Blazy who had been revealed at the point of his leave and the Maison design team) and I think the shock factor is really in the name change and appointment of a controversial character like Galliano. I don't personally see much Galliano here aside from the bold colors, but the image and presentation seems to stay the same.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎