X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

NILøS Men FW15

NILøS by Tatsuro Horikawa (MA Julius replacement)

Last edited by ian+; 01-22-2016, 03:20 PM.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

Last edited by ian+; 01-22-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Last edited by ian+; 01-22-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

Last edited by ian+; 01-22-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• yay
          • Sep 2014

never been a fan of the printed julius shirts, might be good for some basics, though. depending on pricing

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

thanks for posting Ian.

Originally posted by yay View Post
            never been a fan of the printed julius shirts, might be good for some basics, though. depending on pricing
            pretty sure the pricing will be similar, Julius' diffusion lines were always about a slightly different direction rather than a cheaper product.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Some of this looks like a bastardized form of 11 by BBS...

Comment

• yubbermax
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                Some of this looks like a bastardized form of 11 by BBS...
                The NIL print is more reminiscent of the Nine Inch Nails NIN logo

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

It looks like a bunch of nothing. The shots are annoyingly abstract. How could this not fit into the main collection exactly?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

the best part is u could wear it inside out and it would be a Hood By Air Jeremy L I N jersey!!

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                      • Mar 2014

Hmm, I'm not such a big fan of this, could potentially be successful though.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                        • Mar 2014

I agree on the BBS 11 / HBA comparisons. I feel those black/white design trends that are common at the moment might fizzle out fairly soon.

Which means NILøS might not succeed. I'm not sure if there's much crossover between the Julius market and the people that would be inclined to buy NILøS.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

^ correct me if you know better, but it seems like there is one shirt with this type of print on it shown here? Ok so that one other shirt has some sort of a more abstract print in addition to what looks like a white block. I really wouldn't pigeonhole the whole concept or analyze it's potential success based on the above.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            ^ correct me if you know better, but it seems like there is one shirt with this type of print on it shown here? Ok so that one other shirt has some sort of a more abstract print in addition to what looks like a white block. I really wouldn't pigeonhole the whole concept or analyze it's potential success based on the above.
                            (I don't know better). I think the comparisons are based on the NILOS tee, the blocked shirt/sweater, and the weird splattered flag. The second being sort of BBS11/HBA and the last sounding very much more HBA.

I think the bigger point is that the NIL shirt is the one that's being advertised so much. Most of the images feature that print, so I don't think it too strange to claim that that shirt is the "centerpiece" so to speak. If it was featured once, then maybe it'd be handwaved, but since there are so many images of it, at least here, we keep seeing the NIL print and it's the one that stands out so much, especially when Horikawa pretty much never openly advertised so much, beyond his manifesto on pants and the manifesto tee, which is arguably still somewhat abstract.

Comment

• Quiet
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2014

julius hasnt not had questionable printed tees in their collections for a while now. remember ss11 and that anarchy tee? i think this fits in line with the aesthetic universe tatsuro has created and is a masculine compliment to the increasingly femme, albeit unisex, MA line. it all seems very post apocalyptic neo-tokyo to me and thats spot on for my tastes. i think the comparison to hba is a bit of stretch outside of a black shirt with thick white letter and last time i checked it just has the print on the front respectively and not on both sleeves, the front, the back, the inside, and upside down. theres a difference between this and the billboard prints hba is doing. bbs11 is h&M for bbs, same designs at a fraction of the cost with lesser materials, an exercise in tech fabrics kiss my butt.
                              i am excited for this line and welcome it to a world of increasingly questionable collections from beloved designers. it's not a breath of fresh air but it's somethin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎