X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J_J
    • Apr 2008

Re: Can we talk about retro-futurism? Balenciaga and YSL F/W 08-09

I tried on some pieces from the SS07 robot collection yesterday.. the structure was incredible. I would've bought some of those pieces just to collect them! they were, however, highly unwearable for every day (or even for an evening out). I tried on the satin jacket with patent leather shoulders (it has some kind of foam insert to keep the shoulders peaked and rigid) and a rigid leather black and white vest. it was armor!! it made me feel/look sleek, powerful but not at all ridiculous or costumey. I don't believe it took away from my femininity either... it's just a different kind of female aesthetic, not so much the evolution of the female look. I think it can be just as attractive and approchable as a female in a flowing, flowery skirt, as long as the girl wearing it has a warm personality..

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Can we talk about retro-futurism? Balenciaga and YSL F/W 08-09

That's an interesting take, J_J - softening the clothes by one's personality. Those models on the runway certainly did not look warm - maybe hence the negative reaction.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎