Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Haider Ackermann Men's SS16 - Paris

Photography by Julien Boudet.

More on SZ-mag
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

Of the shows from yesterday I had time to look at, this one was definitely the one which had the most to give.

Also noted that almost all designers showed truly fucked up fitting of pants, especially around the waist. Most of them in a bad way. Haider did it in the least bad way.

Comment

• Mattiassa
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
      Of the shows from yesterday I had time to look at, this one was definitely the one which had the most to give.

Also noted that almost all designers showed truly fucked up fitting of pants, especially around the waist. Most of them in a bad way. Haider did it in the least bad way.

I liked this a lot. I especially enjoy the mix of colors and patterns, the blue shades where divine and that striped jacket is wonderful. I also liked that the pants are wider, not that into that tight pant look.

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

video
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Just finished a long interview with Haider. Will be up in the coming days.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Well, the quality is high I'm sure but from a presentation standpoint I find myself loathing this.

That's not to say some of the individual pieces might not be interesting but I check out at gold lamé pants and cheetah print flats and don't look back.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              Well, the quality is high I'm sure but from a presentation standpoint I find myself loathing this.

That's not to say some of the individual pieces might not be interesting but I check out at gold lamé pants and cheetah print flats and don't look back.
              I feel the same way. I'm a big fan of a lot of the individual pieces (not necessarily this collection), but draw a personal taste line at a lot of the full looks and styling, which veer into a territory which is far too ostentatious, glamorous and camp for my liking.

Comment

• patR
                • Apr 2015

As much as I love & appreciate Haider's womens collections, I'm disappointed to say I can't call myself a fan of his menswear. [so far]

This was another collection where I liked about 1 & a half looks and a total of 3 individual pieces.

Overall, way too exotic for me and lacks cohesion.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by patR View Post
                  As much as I love & appreciate Haider's womens collections, I'm disappointed to say I can't call myself a fan of his menswear. [so far]

This was another collection where I liked about 1 & a half looks and a total of 3 individual pieces.

Overall, way too exotic for me and lacks cohesion.
                  Lacks cohesion how? If anything, Haider's work has never lacked cohesion.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

This was actually one of my favourite shows of the season. Yes he's selling fantasy, but it's a fantasy I actually want to be part of, unlike whatever the heck Hedi keeps churning out these days. Hedi does glittery gold trousers too, but it looks trashy - Haider does it, and it still has that trashy feel, but it's trashy decadence, and I don't mind a bit of that in my life

I thought the multiple prints was styled really well - to me it's that vision of the prince home from his travels, without the more overt sense of historical/cultural tourism that such an idea would evoke when done elsewhere (Galliano type collage or what have you).

It's decadent, it's campy, but that's why I love it. I thought the silhouettes were really well done too, masculine without being comic (especially given the materials and low necklines which could be seen as standing in counterbalance), with those tight waists, long legs and then the open chested, wide shoulders. Reminded me of the Mughal artistic lakshanas.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

I do like that read on it. I still request that I be committed if I'm caught in cheetah print flats, but I do like that read on it.

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        Ok. So where do I have to go to acquire this shit? I know Assin in Melb has bought Haider before, but do they buy these pieces? Who sells it internationally? Please tell me I won't have to use fucking farfetch. In particular, I want the jacket in look 12, and the pants in look 8 (unless that's a jumpsuit... In which case I want the jumpsuit in look 8). I don't even know if it'd work with anything in my wardrobe, I just want it. Ugh, those looks probably won't even get picked up by stores, like everything I like on the runways. FMFL.
                        Apparently he has his own on-line store in the works, due soon as per the recent article.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yes, this collection will be available at the upcoming e-commerce store. FMC, of course you read my article, right? RIGHT?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Yes, this collection will be available at the upcoming e-commerce store. FMC, of course you read my article, right? RIGHT?!
                            Very nice article. And thanks for the free articles on the blog. I miss this deepened sense in other fashion forums/magazines.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

You are welcome and thank you for the compliment!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎