X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOHSAD
    • Nov 2014

Undercover S/S 16

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais
  • NOHSAD
    • Nov 2014

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• NOHSAD
      • Nov 2014

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• NOHSAD
        • Nov 2014

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• NOHSAD
          • Nov 2014

Apparently this collection is Takashi taking what he felt is the best of his 9 years of work and reviving them. Interesting but somewhat lazy to just re-release garments from previous collections. Good news, Those who missed out on iconic pieces like the SCAB jeans now have another chance at them .

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• k3mist
            • Apr 2013

damn I'm going broke..

Comment

• timm3h
              • Mar 2011

Anyone know if this image set is complete? What's with the gap between 06 and 12?
              Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Really love it. Let's hope some U.S. retailers do a decent buy of this...

According to style.com, the old designs are done in new fabrications so it's not exact replicas. Also a testament to Jun's design that not a single look seems dated or out of place.
                Last edited by casem; 07-01-2015, 02:07 AM.
                music

Comment

• colin
                  • Dec 2006

Yeah, they aren't identical replicas. Those familiar with the pieces will notice, like you said, new colors, fabrics, patterns, prints.

Hypebeast actually put together a nice little slider so you can compare
                  Looking back at the iconic garments that have been refashioned to create the UNDERCOVER 2016 spring/summer collection.

All the looks here
                  デザイナー高橋盾によるUNDERCOVERのオンラインストア. MENS、WOMENS、SueUNDERCOVER、the Shepherd、MADSTOREの通販はこちら

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

this is not inspiring at all... i think the Isolation shirt w/ Ian's face on it makes me want to kill myself, irony or not i can't imagine any JD fan being a fan of something so goofball...

Comment

• Mistifique
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                      this is not inspiring at all... i think the Isolation shirt w/ Ian's face on it makes me want to kill myself, irony or not i can't imagine any JD fan being a fan of something so goofball...
                      So Pure... So Cold
                      Transilvanian Hunger

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I guess I need to send the record straight here. If you read the Shitbeast text, you'd see that Undercover is celebrating 25th year anniversary. There will be a huge exhibit in Tokyo of Jun's body of work. While he was prowling the archives he had the idea to reissue variations of old work. These are not straight copies, mind you. So, I wouldn't say this is lazy by any stretch of imagination. There was A LOT of great stuff at the showroom. Actually, I think it's probably the most exciting thing I saw this entire men's fashion week.

A few notes. Mainly, as lowrey and I discussed, Jun's team is not doing a very good job at styling and shooting his lookbooks. Had I gotten my paws on this collection, I'm sure StyleZeitgeist magazine would've done a brilliant job of it.

Upsilon, the shirt is ok, but the same done as intarsia sweater (see stylezeitgeist instagram) is absolutely beautiful and is on my hit list.

For better or worse, ladies, you are not getting the same treatment.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
                          • Sep 2014

these are quite far from their original, don't see this as lazy at all

Comment

• NOHSAD
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by yay View Post
                            these are quite far from their original, don't see this as lazy at all
                            It's "Somewhat Lazy" because while looking at the outfits I realized that these were revised versions of previous work, not exact copies. However, after Faust stating Undercover's celebrating 25 years, this S/S collection is befitting, despite my opinion.

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• yay
                              • Sep 2014

yeah you have a point there, the context for this is quite important

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎