X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Matohu Women's FW2008 Tokyo

Just a few pics so far. I like this a lot--reminiscent of a quirkier Dries Van Noten.

Concept, from their website:

Matohu is a Japanese concept. It has two meanings:
    The first meaning is to wear clothes in such a way that it creates an atmosphere of beauty, like the motion of
    wrapping your body softly, and leaving a gentle afterglow.

The second gives the sense of restraint, allowing oneself to mature, like a fruit, slowly, and not to consume
    something hastily and throw it away.

Last edited by laika; 08-02-2009, 11:05 AM. Reason: re-posting pictures
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Matohu F/W 08-09 Tokyo

Last edited by laika; 08-02-2009, 11:07 AM.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

wow looks veeeeeeery nice. like dries when he was still influenced by comme when comme was still good....

Comment

• therapysessions
        • Jul 2007

I was about to say thing about dries + commes.

I think this is my favorite look of those posted

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Johnny, I thought you would like it, and nicely said about the comme influence. Here's alink to their website and their spring collection, which was inspired by pottery.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Re-posted pics and added a few more

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I like this as well. Nice prints and silhouette.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Nice, I was just about to post this.

The theme of the collection was keicho kosode, a short sleeved kimono from the Edo period that used satin fabrics, slightly darker subdued colors, abstract designs, and three dimensional decorations using metallic leaf (surihaku) under-patterns and embroidered over-patterns, and mini tye dying (kanoko shibori).

The mini tye dying process is pretty interesting.

kanoko shibori, sketch a motif, produce a pattern with holes where the cloth will be tied, then transfer the pattern. Grab the cloth where it is marked, then wrap and tie it with thread (to keep the dye from penetrating). Dye and steam the cloth, then remove the threads to reveal a pattern where the dye did not penetrate. The texture from the binding provides a wonderful texture.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎