X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Rajesh Pratap Singh F/W 08-09 Paris

Originally from Rajasthan, India and now based in New Delhi. I believe this is his first show in Paris.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Rajesh Pratap Singh F/W 08-09 Paris

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Re: Rajesh Pratep Singh F/W 08-09 Paris

I am in awe. Not yet sure if I think it's good or bad, but damn is it interesting.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• aruva
            • Dec 2007

Here is more info on Rajesh pratap singh.Ithink he has his ownstore in a designer enclave which showcases various indian designers. It is in New Delhi.

. http://www.pratap.ws/

Pretty interesting stuff and good to know that someone new shows up in Paris.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Wow, this is pretty awesome. You know what I love about this? I can't readily put an Ann/Yohji/Helmut tag on it. [Y]
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

Faust, I confess, I have been hanging out waiting to hear what you thought of it! [:$]

I saw his stuff in Chennai a few years ago and thought it was exquisite--we were tempted to call him the yohji of India. His roots in traditional craft were a lot more apparent then, as the clothes were a lot less "western." I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this particular collection, but it sure seems promising. I was also interested to see that he is being carried at Alan Bilzerian, the Library and l'Eclaireur! [:|]

Comment

• aruva
                  • Dec 2007

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, I confess, I have been hanging out waiting to hear what you thought of it! [:$]

I saw his stuff in Chennai a few years ago and thought it was exquisite--we were tempted to call him the yohji of India. His roots in traditional craft were a lot more apparent then, as the clothes were a lot less "western." I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this particular collection, but it sure seems promising. I was also interested to see that he is being carried at Alan Bilzerian, the Library and l'Eclaireur! [:|]

[/quote]

Was it a store called "FFOLIO" in Chennai?

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

aruva, yes! And I think I also saw his pieces at a store called Evoluzione?

Comment

• aruva
                      • Dec 2007

[quote user="laika"]aruva, yes! And I think I also saw his pieces at a store called Evoluzione?
                      [/quote]

Great!The store FFOLIO is owned by someone I know pretty close and they carry lot of nice Indian designers. They also have a store in Bangalore. Come to think of it, average price of Rajesh Pratap pieces were around 8000-10,000 rupees,translating into 200-250$.That sounds pretty good.Evoluzione also carries good stuff.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

I think it is pretty interesting as well. I dont love all the pieces but I do like some parts of most of what i see. I would like to know more about the fabrics. The pricing sounds very nice.
                        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="aruva"]

Great!The store FFOLIO is owned by someone I know pretty close and they carry lot of nice Indian designers. They also have a store in Bangalore. Come to think of it, average price of Rajesh Pratap pieces were around 8000-10,000 rupees,translating into 200-250$.That sounds pretty good.Evoluzione also carries good stuff.

[/quote]

cool! those two and Cinnamon were my favorite stores, but I think FFOLIO had an edge on the others, clothing wise. Cinnamon in Bangalore had such lovely stuff for the home, and the prices were amazing.

Comment

• aruva
                            • Dec 2007

[quote user="laika"][quote user="aruva"]

[/quote]

cool! those two and Cinnamon were my favorite stores, but I think FFOLIO had an edge on the others, clothing wise. Cinnamon in Bangalore had such lovely stuff for the home, and the prices were amazing.

[/quote]

I would be going there soon. let me know if you remembered something and wanted to buy!

Comment

• clay
                              • Sep 2006

Wow! I guess I really like it! Very cool and modern. Gotta admit, not what I was expecting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎