Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

Thanks for doing that. The mohair parkas do indeed look fucking incredible, probably a bit surreal and organic with the hairs waving around reacting to wind / temperature change.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Not my favorite of his recent collections but not bad, I like that he's always pushing in new directions without leaving his aesthetic universe.

These big heavy silhouettes and the color palette remind me a bit of moody, it's that kind of Neanderthal stone and mud aspect of Rick. Personally, I prefer the more elegant/constructivist Rick but I can still appreciate this.

Only thing that looks out of place is that velvet (or corduroy?) cropped blazer.
      music

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

parka's in mohair/cashmere!!
        everything else.... velvet? denim coats? rave cargos? shitty adidas? 2 button blazers? i mean , shit Trucker vibe yeah but that's 2003 right? or 2005, either way quite honestly the worst, just the worst, i'm sure and hopeful that no stores will pick any of the runway stuff up will be super glad to see another Stooges in a thick winter leather that's how much i'm disliking this.

Comment

• yffet
          • Aug 2009

I feel lost and disappointed.
          Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

im liking this .

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

I love it! Really into those wide skater/snowboard pants. But only in the stiff/non-denim fabrics. Not fold of the bleach/paint effects, cropped blazers and weird hooded carpet things but overall a lot of nice and interesting pieces. Can't wait to try those pants in person and checking the fabrics.

I spotted some pastel colored (purple, minty green and red/orange-ish) sneakers? At first I was like purple geobaskets, but then I noticed a different sole. After closer inspection reminds me of Lanvin sneakers. Actually the silhouettes, materials and colors of this whole collection remind me of Lanvin.
              Last edited by unwashed; 01-21-2016, 03:03 PM.
              Grailed link

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

Other than the shoes this is my favourite Rick collection in a long time. I like it for all the same reasons that other people dislike it. It looks like my youth, but so much cooler.
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• mainstayer0
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                  Other than the shoes this is my favourite Rick collection in a long time. I like it for all the same reasons that other people dislike it. It looks like my youth, but so much cooler.
                  ditto just looked through the whole thing again it's so ballsy

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Saying this goes against all my logical sensibilities; I feel like I shouldn't like it... and maybe it's just nostalgia talking but I think I like this collection a lot. Very interested to see how it's interpreted for women.
                    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

So now that we've established everyone on SZ was some permutation of JNCO clad alt-throwup in our youth, can we stop taking potshots at one another?

Comment

• scanner
                        • Mar 2015

My GAT and KIKWEAR hems were filthy. I don't ever plan to revisit that 45" hem era ever again.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

You know I had the same thought, I would not buy $2,000 ecstasy pants that drag on the ground constantly.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            So now that we've established everyone on SZ was some permutation of JNCO clad alt-throwup in our youth
                            hell no count me out,

I'm surprised that this is the collection, I'm not even sure I understand the design process on this one, where is the press reading?
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Aha yeah I can't say I'm in that mix either, Russian immigrant parents shoot to kill on the sight of JNCOs anyway.

Having trouble finding his usual statement but there are inspirations and descriptors here. This is, indeed, Mastodon.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^^+1 on the raver pants. I used to wear them religiously and still don't hate them, but as high fashion? Whaaaat the f*uck, Rick?

Maybe his collection will only cost $100-200 an item this year? That's all his clothes go for on grailed anyway. (j/k or ?)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎