Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scanner
    • Mar 2015

Yeah I have to say, In general, the entire collection seems very confused.
    On one hand I understand that everyone is doing the oversized thing as a show of rebellion to the classic, fitted trend of high street, however Rick seems to be catering to anyone he can. Baggy Jeans and super cropped Jackets and tops. Either he is going completely backwards with his design or he just doesn't know who he's making clothes for anymore, Certainly not for himself. I respect what he wants to do but unfortunately there is nothing here that looks wearable (although maybe if its super cold I would rock one of those tapestry body suits). I also am not sure how to feel about Rick slowly incorporating Adidas branding into his actual wardrobe. Did they strong arm him into wearing their Sock Adidas?

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

i dont get whats problematic about phat pants , specially with rick . i mean like we wear his oversized shorts with the crotch down to the knees; thats pretty baggy and many times looks ridiculous . i think the collection looks smooth . this is some good shit. back in the day if i saw someone wearin a complete fit like this at a party (over here we called them parties not raves) like electric porcupine id be like dam , new best friend and we'd listen to jack lucifer on the car ride home
      Last edited by jogu; 01-21-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Cantara
        • Mar 2015

I really don't know how I feel about Rick Owens anymore. The past couple of collections have been disappointing to me. There is only one or two things I like from this collection but those wide pants with orange stripes?

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by scanner View Post
          I also am not sure how to feel about Rick slowly incorporating Adidas branding into his actual wardrobe. Did they strong arm him into wearing their Sock Adidas?
          What the hell is that about? I've never seen anything like this out of him even on a Lacanian symbol-hijack level. As far as I recall any iconography he's used, like Benoit's sketches, is used with immediate intimacy. I'm telling you, Michelle was out of town too long or something.

Originally posted by jogu View Post
          if i saw someone wearin a complete fit like this at a party (over here we called them parties not raves) like electric porcupine id be like dam , new best friend and we'd listen to jack lucifer on the car ride home
          Honestly / no sarcasm, every post of yours is fucking gold.
          Last edited by Arkady; 01-21-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

I have to agree with Jogu, although I'd personally never wear this collection I would definitely enjoy seeing someone actually wear this outside, but the reason I think it's cool has little do with the clothing itself just that I find it ballsy they would even go that far out there and I can't say the same about off white or even gosha central saint Martin M. Simons call back DHL long sweater baggish aesthetic which is driving me crazy. this is also coming from someone who isn't afraid of Rick skirts or heels on men.
            Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 01-21-2016, 11:15 PM.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• scanner
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              I'm telling you, Michelle was out of town too long or something.

Haha.. I think you're right. She must have been too busy with the furniture / design business. I imagine her thinking was 'Rick will just do the same Bombers and Shorts with some runway spectacle thing, I can leave him be for a few weeks'. I can only imagine her surprise to see every model wearing shell toe adidas and kikwear's recalling Venice Beach circa 1998

Comment

• Guun
                • Nov 2014

I'm glad Rick is experimenting with baggy pants, but I don't see any of the looks being too flattering. I just feel it makes the silhouettes way too feminine. At least the pants cover up the hideous new rickdidas abominations.
                insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                  • Aug 2009

Baa

YUCK YUCK, quite horrible pants (wtf is it with everyone doing fugly 90's shit lately?) but some solid stuff like the fish-skin jacket and the bleached details. Last season it was no pants, dicks swinging and this season it's nothing but the pants.

Maybe he should take a break from doing shows.
                  Actually, maybe everybody should take a break from doing shows...
                  modern man

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I've always wanted to be a purple yeti, and now my dream came true.

Ian, thank you for taking initiative. Others, stop bitching and so something productive for once. DvN collection was great, and it's still not up here.

Defender, thank you for adding to and not subtracting from this forum. More of this and less bitching will go a long way.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Michelebi
                      • Aug 2013

Does anyone know the name of the song used in the show?
                      Nice collection of sleeping bags Mr. Owens!

Comment

• kanne
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Michelebi View Post
                        Does anyone know the name of the song used in the show?
                        Dat Oven - Icy Lake (Original Arena Mix)

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Tim Blanks' review on BoF

Extinction, Evolution and Raw Sex at Rick Owens
                          Rick Owens tackles ecological anxiety with haunting, creepy, elegant​ beauty.

BY TIM BLANKS
                          JANUARY 22, 2016 10:20
                          PARIS, France — Rick Owens has never been afraid to tackle the Big Subjects. He mentioned "ecological anxiety," while he was brooding on his new menswear collection, and, despite his claim that he was scarcely qualified to talk about it, there was an incipient eco-consciousness in jackets cut from pirarucu, fishskin from the Amazon, or clothing labels dipped in honey from the beehives his wife has installed on the roof of their house in Paris.

When he called the collection Mastodon, Owens was making a clear connection with species extinction. His new store in LA is not so far from the La Brea Tar Pits where prehistoric remains were famously found. There were outfits here that suggested primeval upheaval, lava flows, volcanic rock formations, and Neanderthal wraps. They embodied in cloth the always-atavistic undertone of an Owens collection.

But extinction for some spells evolution for others. In one of those leaps of thought, macro to micro, he makes so easily, Owens was also thinking about the evolution of fashion. “Clothes are fundamentally about sex,” he mused before his show today. He was absorbed by the ways that people have dressed to attract attention at various points in history, and, being Rick, he was particularly intrigued by the use of volume to attract attention to areas you’re concealing at the same time. The bustles and panniers, in particular, that emphasised a woman’s hips and backside in times more repressed than these. As soon as he said that, you could see the same bunching and swelling in his new menswear, in the massive, molten swathes of fabric that undulated round hips, in the huge pannier-like cargo pockets. The scale matched the trouser legs that hit the ground like tree trunks — or a mastodon’s appendages. As far as sex goes, though, the power of attraction here was less about the attraction than the power. More immediately appealing — seductive, even — were the suits, cropped, fitted jackets over voluminous trousers, and coats, particularly one with gathers of cloth across its back (an Owens bustle by any other name).

“Haunting and creepy and elegant and beautiful.” That, in Owens’s own words, is the best thing you could ever say about one of his shows. Some of his models had faces whitened, eyes blackened, like an ageing vedette in the old Hollywood he is so attached to. “I’ve always loved kabuki, but I wanted this to be glamorous.” The effect pleased Owens. “It’s Franju’s Eyes Without a Face,” he enthused. And it will be truly haunting and creepy and elegant and beautiful if he carries it through to his women's show in six weeks.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

More on SZ-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• SuE
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                              SZ Mag framed almost all pictures to exclude the pants The top blocks do look pretty good.
                              One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                                ^^+1 on the raver pants. I used to wear them religiously and still don't hate them, but as high fashion? Whaaaat the f*uck, Rick?

Maybe his collection will only cost $100-200 an item this year?
                                I'm very surprised to see these kinds of comments on here. It doesn't even have anything to do with liking or not liking this collection, I just thought we had moved past talking about fashion in this way.

What offends you so much about very loose raver type pants being sold for high end prices, but not about drop crotch sweat shorts?
                                Originally posted by jogu
                                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎