Comment

• Guun
          • Nov 2014

insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

Cockroach brown strikes back!

I actually like the first few looks and then he lost me again. Bulky and unappealing and not in the good man repelling way. Some of the sculptural skirts are nice and he's always consistent with his footwear in that it is atrocious.

He seems to be happy with the direction he has taken his line to as he's been doing this for a while now, but sometimes I wish he would do Madame Gres and bias cut again.
            lavender menace

Comment

• Mattiassa
              • Dec 2014

Oh no. No my cup of tea at all. All this fluffiness, and the brown color is one of my absolute worst. The green, dripping effect on the coats was nice. But who will wear it?

Comment

• cloakroom
                • Mar 2015

Was reminded of this

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

I don't see anything unwearable about the green drip coats.

Subtract the iwokeuplikethis sculptural blanket pieces (essentially the second half of the looks) and you have a solid collection. I just don't see the point of them. They fail to inspire fantasy a la CDG and they're most definitely ugly and unwearable.

I wish the capes hadn't been rendered in velvet or had been but without that twisted tie at the neck. They look sloppy and cheap as is.

Ignoring those, I thought the first half of the collection was beautiful. I also like the soft palette and crispness of the first handful of looks. I love the coats and the cut of their lapels is great. I especially dig the contrast between structure and drape in a few of them, a detail casem pointed out in the men's collection (though it was rendered in the same fabric there).

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                  sometimes I wish he would do Madame Gres and bias cut again.
                  Yes! Though in recent seasons, I felt Faun was still light and feminine though in a totally different way. There are still Gres details, even in some men's looks.

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

This is by far the worst collection I've seen him do. I wouldn't want my girlfriend in any of these clothes. Or any women as a matter of fact...
                    Grailed link

Comment

• stemcell
                      • Jul 2011

WHO CAN TELL US WHAT THE SONG WAS? Thanks :)

As far as people thinking the sculptural pieces are pointless, in an interview for men's mastodon I believe he actually called them pointless himself and said he just had fun doing them and wished he could do more.

I don't understand the color choices and I wish the capes never existed, but I think there are plenty of beautiful and interesting pieces and it seems much better developed than men's. I actually wish men's had been more sculptural also & detailed like this instead of so about the pants/jumpsuits. Even though there are several looks I find really attractive for women, and think women should wear, I am wondering who and how many will actually wear much of this at all.

Comment

• mainstayer0
                        • Sep 2015

Beautiful. Look at those hair globes. They remind me of unraveling astronauts.

Comment

• kwichy
                          • Dec 2013

First reply on here, long time lurker. I'm pretty sure it's just something i've noticed lately, but perhaps its been going on longer than i thought. Anyways, it's just that every time someone prefaces their comment with "not my taste" I ask myself how ridiculous it would be if i went to a critique and a teacher or a peer said that. When people say those things, aren't they missing the point? Rick clearly has a concept here, and seems to be fine with sacrificing wearability for that end; so why say something like "who would wear that?" is that like a business critique? that if it were less clumsy it would sell more? sounds more like something you'd hear on an american morning talk show

Comment

• stemcell
                            • Jul 2011

"Who will wear this / who is your customer" is not an irrelevant question for a multimillion dollar business, and a fashion show in many ways is a business presentation— just happens to be a creative one.

But I understand what you are saying. I think it's exciting to see his ideal always expressed to the fullest, wearable or not. But generally, since it's clothes, wearable is a nice thing. But most if not all of this is wearable anyway...

Comment

• Mascarar
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                              WHO CAN TELL US WHAT THE SONG WAS? Thanks :)
                              ETC!ETC! & Brillz - Swoop
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0k9RfoZEBI

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎