• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yes, I could totally see that :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

and that he also loves the vagina
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
        i think that if you submit to the entire look - octopus scarf down to the cork sole shoes all at once - the result is interesting enough but as individual components this collection just doesn't work for me.
        I agree. each collection he has a coupleof standouts but he's not next level yet. chant you know I inadvertantly spent 4 days in there and tried on everything as well and I've always been open, rather wanting, domas hynopsis.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
          I agree. each collection he has a coupleof standouts but he's not next level yet. chant you know I inadvertantly spent 4 days in there and tried on everything as well and I've always been open, rather wanting, domas hynopsis.
          Every week new stuff comes in. So you've seen only a small part of was is actually available. At that time, almost nothing was there.
          Come back.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i might in june. whats the men's schedule anybody?

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Doma show : 27th of June, 5 p.m.
              Signed : Doma addict.

Comment

• Silk
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                It's no more blind love, but deep attachment - as often in a couple .
                The more I look at/try on his clothes, the more I understand the meaning of what he's doing, and the very consistency of his grammar. And I've seen beautifull pieces from SS 09 that nobody has seen yet, I don't know why.
                I look forward to hearing all about the new stuff! That is great that we have an addict so close to the store. I agree that DD's silhouettes are very similar to Ann's, and I find myself wearing the two of them together quite easily.

Like Chant, the more clothes of his that I get to handle, the more I gain an appreciation and love for his work. His fabrics are amazing, but the craftsmanship and details are what makes the clothes seem so unique.
                Last edited by Silk; 05-11-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: corrected for errors

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                  I look forward to hearing all about the new stuff! That is great that we have an addict so close to the store. I agree that Ann D's silhouettes are very similar to DD, and I find myself wearing the two of them together quite easily.

Like Chant, the more clothes of his that I get to handle, the more I gain an appreciation and love for his work. His fabrics are amazing, but the craftsmanship and details are what makes the clothes seem so unique.
                  The other way around, buddy ;-)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                    I agree that DD's silhouettes are very similar to Ann D, and I find myself wearing the two of them together quite easily.

Ann DD

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

WTB: This

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

And I've seen beautifull pieces from SS 09 that nobody has seen yet, I don't know why.

Junko jacket

Wonderfull fabric, which holds the shape perfectly. And awesoooooome colour : brownish kaki grey. Has to be seen IRL.
                        I'll post my own private selection. This is the first piece. More pictures to come.
                        Last edited by Chant; 05-13-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

this does look very nice except the sleeves. why o why that pointy cuff over and over?
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

im neither famous nor talented neither but the two-tone fabric on those boots isn't doing it for me. Seems like a DIY experiment gone plain leave it in the basement bad.

saw some of this season's doma on the racks the other day, couldn't really distinguish what was going on that single DD rack, it seemed like one big cloud of fabric haphazardly arranged and assembled.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              saw some of this season's doma on the racks the other day, couldn't really distinguish what was going on that single DD rack, it seemed like one big cloud of fabric haphazardly arranged and assembled.
                              Speaking of the way the rack was arranged or the clothes themselves ?
                              For the clothes : it takes a certain time to understand their secret or unperceived shape and consistency - which is always there, but if you don't look properly/handle them/try them on/use your mind, you won't see anything.

My philosophy : what you understand/like immediately is what you'll get bored of very soon.
                              Last edited by Chant; 05-13-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

My philosophy : what you understand/like immediately is what you'll get bored of very soon.
                                this is an excellent quote, one I should file for the inspiration database.

i apologize if my comment seemed unfounded, granted I will admit it was the presentation of the clothes themselves that left me a bit confused - it seemed like clothes meant for dressing that takes a lot of work, just something I don't relate to as a philosophy towards clothes as much. For some, it works, and when they can do it naturally then good. I'm not sure if you wear a lot of DD in your WAYWTs, but if so it seems to be styled in an unfussy manner where I'd notice you before the clothes, so I'd say it's working in that case. Based on what I've browsed through, I find it hard for many to achieve the same effect.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎