X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

augusta : the new ccp copy-meister

Last edited by pipcleo; 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM.
  • jak1
    • Dec 2007

Re: augusta : the new ccp copy-meister

Are you talking about the black derby's at A?.. I saw them and thought they were CCP.. I was surprised when I looked closer. Well, it is still a better copy than the canal street classics such as rolax watches and shamsonite luggage.. and besides, they used only the finest horween leather..

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="pipcleo"]

as of it wasnt insult enough dropping large notes on augusta - ccp lookalike booties...

now rejoice in the fact that you too can own an augusta overlock stitch jacket , or scar stitch.......

fit is not 'quite' the same but the resemblance is unmistakable (see august ccp boot/derby)

great minds think alike ? ....... f..k yeah

fashion pliagrarism survives

[/quote]

Do you happen to have a photo?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• osn19
        • Feb 2007

Well, as you probably know, Augusta copies are even more expensive than the originals from CCP ! "C'est le comble !"

I don't get why serious and CCP lover stores such as A or l'Eclaireur sell this ! [^o)]

[quote user="jak1"]Well, it is still a better copy than the canal street classics such as rolax watches and shamsonite luggage.. and besides, they used only the finest horween leather..[/quote]

Originally posted by blacksuit
        wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

[quote user="osn19"]

Well, as you probably know, Augusta copies are even more expensive than the originals from CCP ! "C'est le comble !"

I don't get why serious and CCP lover stores such as A or l'Eclaireur sell this ! [^o)]

[quote user="jak1"]Well, it is still a better copy than the canal street classics such as rolax watches and shamsonite luggage.. and besides, they used only the finest horween leather..[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd love to see pictures of this leather. The worst part is that Augusta has the nerve to charge as much or more than CCP. But I still wonder if there isn't some weird explanation for this.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i think they use a different manufacturer than ccp (who uses guidi) [91]which is more expensive and therefore better? those pure horse cordovan at A are really nice, and they're 2600. hahahahhah
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

some people think that augusta's finished product is better than ccp's. just sayin'.
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• docintheory
                • May 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]some people think that augusta's finished product is better than ccp's. just sayin'.
                [/quote]

Perhaps it is because Augusta's focus is purely on footwear... (?)

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

[quote user="docintheory"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]some people think that augusta's finished product is better than ccp's. just sayin'.
                  [/quote]

Perhaps it is because Augusta's focus is purely on footwear... (?)

[/quote]
                  The thread is about Augusta making an overlock leather jacket isn't it?
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

[/quote]

I mean, to each their own, but when I actually handled the augustas at A I was pretty let down after the photos. they seemed much rougher around the edges, less refined than the CCPs, and in every way, from the slightly clumsier silhouette (esp. toe box, which is so key on CCP footwear), to the rougher leather, to the motherfuckin laces. I suppose that this in and of itself may make them more appealing to certain people, just like the neato completeo mood rings leather effects, but I am not one of them.

however, the lace-up boots are a different story, because they basically look like CCP designing for C.Diem, effectively borrowing CCP's aesthetic and applying it to a piece which you cannot buy from the man himself. this is not only less underhanded to my mind, but results in a far more desirable product because it looks good and you can't get it anywhere else. also, that "rough" quality of the augustas actually works to the advantage of pseduo-work boot design.

why augusta seems to be continuing to make the derby this season and NOT continuing the lace-up boot is beyond me . . . but maybe I'm just bitter because I didn't get a chance to buy the work boot in my size before A sold out . . . either way, this leather jacket suggests a streamlining of augusta into the earthier mirror image bizzaro CCP which exchanges the quasi-futuristic, industrial signature of CCP for the funkier middle-earth peasentry of continues et. co.

Like people from the past finding plans for things from the future. and then shoddily executing them with the materials and techniques of their time and place. fairy magic vs. space science. or something.

EDIT: ex post-facto realization that all of this assumes the jacket copy to follow the same aesthetic transposition as the footwear. if not, shit is void. whatevs.

EDIT EDIT: Maybe they are doing the work boot again? The photos on Matotti make the toe shape look more rounded . . . (fingers crossed!)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎