• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiger
    Banned
    • Sep 2006

francies

francies is a men's collection exclusively created and developed in Rome, Italy by Francesca Antonini who worked with Carol Christian Poell and CDiem.

Classical items of men's tailoring proposed in serial sizes created by means of techniques that are innovative compared with traditional tailoring, but still hand-crafted.

Four mini-lines conceived as four basic ranges of clothes of men's wear created for the new manDRESSED.

As a result of the recent emancipation of Men's apparel: purely masculine and of quality
    classic but altered.
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

thanks for the info! i saw some at l'eclaireur, and some of the long coats were notable for their nice tailoring. nothing really grabbed my attention for an immediate buy - it had some nice cuts but i was looking for something a little more special. prices were expensive but not outrageous; i think it was like 7-800 euros for a peacoat. couldn't find any info. elsewhere, so nice find!

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
      francies is a men's collection exclusively created and developed in Rome, Italy by Francesca Antonini who worked with Carol Christian Poell and CDiem.
      So, is this the start of the CCP spinoffs, or just more of the "He was a janitor at Carpe Diem for 2 minutes once..."?
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

im getting really tired of these spinoffs. i was at midwest today and i got sucked into trying on all of these carpe diem knockoffs by yet another nut in the bolt, the name escapes me because it was so bad, but it was headed by a japanese woman, who used to work for carpe diem, how many fucking people worked for carpe diem? it was something like romantic movements or some two word thing like that, all i could think was why spend less money on lesser watered down shit that looks exactly like the linea shirt im trying the stuff on in? because i am a douche thats why i reminded myself
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Cha-ching!!!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            im getting really tired of these spinoffs. i was at midwest today and i got sucked into trying on all of these carpe diem knockoffs by yet another nut in the bolt, the name escapes me because it was so bad, but it was headed by a japanese woman, who used to work for carpe diem, how many fucking people worked for carpe diem? it was something like romantic movements or some two word thing like that, all i could think was why spend less money on lesser watered down shit that looks exactly like the linea shirt im trying the stuff on in? because i am a douche thats why i reminded myself
            Killer, are you in Tokyo?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jevna83
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              Individual Sentiments? The one in mindtrive.com?

Comment

• reborn
                • Aug 2008

some pieces

Atelier's website has some of the pieces posted...

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Any idea how they are priced? I'm fond of
                  and if he's doing the new designer thing, it could be within my range, as opposed to Yohji.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    Any idea how they are priced? I'm fond of
                    and if he's doing the new designer thing, it could be within my range, as opposed to Yohji.
                    The new designer thing? You mean like Damir Doma? Hehe, couldn't resist. The pants are $900+, I believe. They are by far the nicest piece of the collection.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      Any idea how they are priced.
                      ^ what he said (pants were around 900 iirc.)
                      Last edited by justine; 09-09-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

What got A to pick up this line? It's so.... plain and boring. The cuts are nice and the pieces are well made presumably but it's not innovative nor unique in any way shape or form.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          The new designer thing? You mean like Damir Doma? Hehe, couldn't resist. The pants are $900+, I believe. They are by far the nicest piece of the collection.
                          Hell, I meant like Robert Geller, but I would have settled for Damir Doma prices. $900+ is ambitious to say the least. Also, except for the pants, it seems pretty uninspired. The pants do look lovely though.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

I really wish these designers spinning of the Carpe Diem top would take things in their own direction. Saw Sara Lanzi's collection at L'eclaireur and the shit is gorgeous. Sellam did a piece for women that was absolutely insane and totally worth mentioning for those who can spy the piece in their hood. Saw the thing styled a thousand different ways and it looked great with every twist and flip. I can't recall ever seeing such a versatile piece. Kev, I didn't see any francies there. Are you sure? Where they? Will have to head back and ask/take another look when I get in town.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              it's not innovative nor unique in any way shape or form.
                              You have to see how the pants close, that's definitely unique and innovative!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎