X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • max
    • May 2008

old dior homme collections

i'm searching for the lookbooks or showrooms pictures of dior homme collections from 2003 to 2006. do you know any website where i can find those? maybe anyone of you is having them on the computer and could load it up?!
    i tried to find something by using the "search" button, but i didn't find anything.
    thanks max
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Google the Yahoo Dior Homme group.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
      newsflash max

hedi is dead*

stick with the times
      Why should he? Hedi is a talented designer whose old YSL and first few years at Dior are untouchable. Should I ditch all of my Helmut Lang as well?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• max
        • May 2008

newsflash max

hedi is dead*

stick with the times
        mhm i've heard he will make an own collection soon. and some pieces of the luster collection for example will never die.

Comment

• justine
          • Jan 2007

newsflash max

hedi is dead*

stick with the times
          that seriously freaked me out for 1/2 a sec.

Comment

• Babar
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Why should he? Hedi is a talented designer whose old YSL and first few years at Dior are untouchable. Should I ditch all of my Helmut Lang as well?
            Indeed. Someone posted vids of the last two seasons he did at YSL at youtube and the stuff is quite remarkable even 8-9 years on.

Another brilliant collection by Hedi Slimane for Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Homme. It's called Black Tie. Slimane redefined the menswear in late 90s and ...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yawn. I'm sure you'll wear well your Damir Doma or whatever else subpar bullshit passes for great design these days.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• max
                • May 2008

in my point of view clothes can't be history and i can only laugh about guys wearing ccp, ro etc. and talking about trends.

Comment

• Mr.Fox
                  • Sep 2008

Some pieces could never die! Fashion is not only about trends and the newest collection. The immortable pieces,which many collections have, are the real soul and the reason fashion works!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by max View Post
                    in my point of view clothes can't be history and i can only laugh about guys wearing ccp, ro etc. and talking about trends.
                    If are implying that RO and CCP are trendy, then let me guess, my friend - you came here from SuFu and probably joined there recently as well? RO and CCP are not trendy, not even by a mile (although I will grant you that RO is becoming somewhat trendy). And two years ago you probably wouldn't hear of these designers much, if at all, on places like SuFu and StyleForum, because that's exactly how old SZ is. Just because a very limited community of people all over the world talk about these designers here, that doesn't make them trendy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mr.Fox View Post
                      Some pieces could never die! Fashion is not only about trends and the newest collection. The immortable pieces,which many collections have, are the real soul and the reason fashion works!
                      Indeed. Case in point - Ann Demeulemeester's Collection Blanche, driven by her clientele who demanded old pieces that they considered classic.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Purity
                        • Apr 2007

I don't know Faust..I think Max was basically agreeing with you.

Comment

• max
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Purity View Post
                          I don't know Faust..I think Max was basically agreeing with you.
                          faust you misunderstood. i meant it shocks me if people wearing those timeless clothes like ro are caring about trends and so one. and sorry i do not even know what sufu is...but thank you for your nice prejudgments.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by max View Post
                            faust you misunderstood. i meant it shocks me if people wearing those timeless clothes like ro are caring about trends and so one. and sorry i do not even know what sufu is...but thank you for your nice prejudgments.
                            My bad. I did put a disclaimer in my first sentence, "If you are implying..."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• osn19
                              • Feb 2007

It's hard to compare the trendiness of DH Slimane : the guy is a star, everyone talks about him, he had a huge PR and advertisement power, and the clothes were easily wearable (indeed classic stuff that won't be updated) and available anywhere as long as you had the money. You go to the shop and buy exactly what you saw in the magazine or the ad. Knowing that everything is factory made for cheap.
                              A few months ago, youngsters around the world wanted that Slimane clone look.

The less trendy RO but still everyone praise him on SZ (I must admit not being a big fan, since I enjoy MA+ and CCP much more f.e.) so... : the guy is well known, but the clothes are harder to wear, less classic for sure, but still very easy to find anywhere and quite affordable (more than DH).

And then the exclusivity of CCP or MA+ : nobody knows about them except a happy few. Most pieces are hand made in very few quantities, they are very hard to find, and sometimes even to wear, and the price is crazy (but imo, maybe people wouldn't get so excited if it was more available and affordable ?). Those guys don't care about trendiness or coolness (unlike DH and RO), they create their own world for a happy few who won't look trendy at all, and will be the only ones during a party knowing that the dirty boots and ugly stinking jacket they were is handmade by a genious and worth much more than anything coming out from the DH or RO factories.
                              Originally posted by blacksuit
                              wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎