WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• inaya
          • Apr 2008

100% amazing... he is a true talent. I love that he's gotten to show in Paris and what's even better is that he designed and edited accordingly. The silhouettes are so stunning and the detailing is just genius. The construction is much improved as well, really nice execution. I don't have a bad word about it.

Comment

• baby
            • Aug 2008

the bracelet with all the shit is cool. don't really care for anything else.
            Originally posted by pipcleo
            if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by inaya View Post
              100% amazing... he is a true talent. I love that he's gotten to show in Paris and what's even better is that he designed and edited accordingly. The silhouettes are so stunning and the detailing is just genius. The construction is much improved as well, really nice execution. I don't have a bad word about it.
              But what's a girl to wear, hmmm? Don't get me wrong, I love this type of theatricality - I really do, it's awesome and fashion needs it very much right now. But I hope he can successfully translate this into something you can wear, inaya. In any case - it's pretty fresh. I love the contrast of the two colors, it's viscerally striking.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Silver
                • Sep 2008

Wow.. Never been a fan up until now, but this is really quite stunning, regardless of how wearable this is or not.. it seems like a much more realized collection than previous ones.

Impressed.
                http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• electric_alyce
                  • Mar 2008

I actually see a lot wearable pieces here, suprisingly many concidering it is Gareth. I would KILL for those fingerless gloves
                  Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by electric_alyce View Post
                    I actually see a lot wearable pieces here, suprisingly many concidering it is Gareth. I would KILL for those fingerless gloves
                    Please post ten different pieces you consider wearable (and ten is very, very little for a collection - I'm being very generous here). I see the same pair of pants that's wearable, one jacket and the long coat that borders on wearable, but I must be missing the rest.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• inaya
                      • Apr 2008

I would wear about 90% of this Faust... no fooling. wearability is an extremely subjective state of mind. If it can be put on and doesn't look like shit and I can move my limbs... for me, that makes something wearable. Clearly you have a different notion... everyone does, because it's as subjective an opinion as 'good' and 'bad' are. :)

ETA - and of course, there is more to fashion, which is an art, than wearability (which is not set in stone to begin with). imo you're missing out if that's as far as you judge things on

Comment

• electric_alyce
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Please post ten different pieces you consider wearable (and ten is very, very little for a collection - I'm being very generous here). I see the same pair of pants that's wearable, one jacket and the long coat that borders on wearable, but I must be missing the rest.
                        No, you're right of course, seen as a "normal" fashion collection it's not very wearable, or - the wearable pieces are reused (the tights, the gloves etc). Its also hard to tell how many of the dresses is wearable, depends on wherever the Queen Elizathianesque-collars are attached to the dresses or detachable. But shown in comparison to his earlier collections this has more wearable pieces, and is generally more easy to adapt to wearable style. So yes, I picked the wrong words, there are not "a lot" of wearables here. On the other hand, I can easily see some of the pieces here combined with other designers for editorial work, something that was hard to do with his previous works.
                        Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by inaya View Post
                          I would wear about 90% of this Faust... no fooling. wearability is an extremely subjective state of mind. If it can be put on and doesn't look like shit and I can move my limbs... for me, that makes something wearable. Clearly you have a different notion... everyone does, because it's as subjective an opinion as 'good' and 'bad' are. :)
                          Good and bad are absolutely not subjective opinions, although they do vary - but that's a whole different story. I applaud you for your boldness and I don't want to call you insincere, but I am not convinced. Maybe you can point out several pieces that you think I would find unwearable and tell me where you would wear it (in a social setting). I don't want to post first, because I am not sure about the 10% you find unwearable.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

I'd be interested to know how many stores stock Pugh worldwide, and what their fecking buys end up looking like.

I'm in love with his aesthetic, but can't see most of it being worn in real life - not by a long shot.

His shows seems more suited to exposure for a costume design portfolio - does he do stage/film design at all?

-

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by electric_alyce View Post
                              No, you're right of course, seen as a "normal" fashion collection it's not very wearable, or - the wearable pieces are reused (the tights, the gloves etc). Its also hard to tell how many of the dresses is wearable, depends on wherever the Queen Elizathianesque-collars are attached to the dresses or detachable. But shown in comparison to his earlier collections this has more wearable pieces, and is generally more easy to adapt to wearable style. So yes, I picked the wrong words, there are not "a lot" of wearables here. On the other hand, I can easily see some of the pieces here combined with other designers for editorial work, something that was hard to do with his previous works.
                              Agree with this! Should make some stellar editorials. I too wondered about the collars. Anyway, I hope this translates well - I wouldn't want to see more $300 acetate tanktops at Seven. The few pieces I saw at Barneys were cool - hopefully he continues in the same vein.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎