X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Marni F/W 09

I've really liked Marni the past few seasons. It's nothing groundbreaking (seems to be a theme) but there's a certain boyish charm that draws me to it. I guess it's the same thing I like about Patrik Ervell but Marni does it a little more luxe and a little less quirk.

music
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

It's... cute. Looks like Miu-Miu, but I remember that you like it too, Casey.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Hehe, I got Faust to say "cute."

And, I agree with Tim Blanks it's better as a presentation. Again like Patrik Ervell, it's not interesting enough to warrant a "show" but some desirable clothes nonetheless.
          music

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

LOL. Well, it is cute, what can I say. Definitely Marni style.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monty76
              • Sep 2006

Have always felt marni and miu miu menswear were similar - which makes me wonder how Marni can support a menswear line when miu miu can't even do it anymore.

Comment

• rach2jlc
                • Sep 2006

Eh... this one is "meh" too. Marni is very "cute," but do I want to spend $300 on a shirt or $500 for a pair of "cute" pants? I dunno...

Nevertheless, I agree it works much better as a presentation than a runway show. I think I'd need to see these up close and in person in order to get the appeal.

Just looking at it... it looks like something a good thrifter would find... not something that really thrills me much as an expensive top-tier design item. If somebody bought and wore this collection in hopes of looking "quirky," I'd be much less impressed than if they put all the pieces together themselves from various vintage sources or on their own. I feel like some of my students put together these outfits on their own for $18 and do a better job.

But, again, just my opinion. Accessories look nice, but I've always liked Marni's accessories, too.
                Last edited by rach2jlc; 01-18-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
                  Have always felt marni and miu miu menswear were similar - which makes me wonder how Marni can support a menswear line when miu miu can't even do it anymore.

it looks similar, except the quality of Marni, is better than that of Miu mui......... which may explain why they can continue to do it.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Vahiren
                    • Jan 2009

I remember reading somewhere that Marni had decided to scrap their mensline. Is this information untrue or is this their last mens collection?

Not really going out with a bang, if it is.
                    Don't fuck with me fellas, this aint my first time at the rodeo.

Comment

• Pinoy
                      • Dec 2006

definitely nothing too exciting here... though that long hooded coat does remind me of bless' hoodcoat haha

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

I'm hardpressed to find anything interesting about this collection. It's typical Marni, if a bit less billowy than previous seasons, but I find it a bit boring.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
                          I also have no idea. It's very well made though, maybe that's their ticket.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
                            • Sep 2006

I think the problem with Miu Miu was just that it wasn't really distinct enough from the prada mainline to justify its existence or find its own customer. Miu Miu womenswear had its own "feel," but the men's just felt like an afterthought to the Prada line. So, customers who would WANT something from Prada just went for the mainline and skipped over the men's.

Plus, it seems to me that I always had a hard time FINDING miu miu men's stuff, except in Japan. Sort of like Lagerfeld Gallery or something... not bad stuff... but HOW do you buy it or find it?

Comment

• mumma
                              • Oct 2008

Actually I don't see similarities between marni and miu miu, which always has this attitude of futurism/ modern look (as far as I remember collections around 00-05, especially shoes, coats, strange cuts of trousers etc., ...), Marni is more between words such as luxury, clean, subtle for me. But I agree about Ervell, has something in common, and for sure not only cropped pants ;-)

Anyway, like that new collection as much as previous ones; looks a bit like this winter YSL but not so serious or as casem83 said with a boyish charm. Like a lot the green sweater!
                              LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
                              Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
                              www.loupeon.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎