X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oh weh mir
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
    Sure, 3k is expensive, but compared to other stuff I'll say it's pretty decent. Less than I did expect really. KKA hooded coat at A, retailed for close to 4k, or 4k if I recall directly, same with some M.A+ coats etc.
    For better or for worse I've come to expect the price tag that comes with m.a+, and other 'artisan/designers' and usually the quality is there to back it up. There are ccp coats this year that don't cost much more than this. I sort of expected it too, the buzz around this piece was pretty strong, at least on sz. I'm guessing the KK coat was about half that in japan though.
    Originally posted by AVALANCHE
    is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

The price tag on this coat is a bit surprising, considering the overall reduction of Rick's retail prices this season (at least on big pieces, leather jackets, tailored blazers and so on, sometimes 2-300 euros less than last year's items all things being equal).
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• kollaps
        • Jul 2009

i'm fairly sure the minortyrev coat is not the one on the backstage pic.
        And i too must say the pricetag is a bit over the top. Oki-ni on the other hand has the silk version in stock for a mere $2987.85

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Ouch. I suspect the back of the trench to be a massive fail, due to the bell effect already mentioned here about the samourai jackets, and unfortunately true of the new blazers as well.
          pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Konzern
            • Oct 2008

^Odd look...

Comment

• kollaps
              • Jul 2009

Stone me if you like, but i must admit on the blazers i quit like the effect. It seems to me the sleeves even follow this effect. At the elbow they look very narrow and get wider around the cuffs.

http://www.minorityrev.com/cms/wp-co...8/img_2341.jpg
              http://www.minorityrev.com/cms/wp-co...8/img_2338.jpg
              http://www.minorityrev.com/cms/wp-co...8/img_2340.jpg

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

hmmm...

it is an extreme case of a piece that works only with other garments from the same designer. and even with the new swing cropped pants or the skirt pants it looks awkward to my taste.
                pix

Comment

• kollaps
                  • Jul 2009

ok, BSR. I learned my lesson. Seems i had to see a full backview before i could really form an opinion. You're are right, it does not look good...

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kollaps View Post
                    ok, BSR. I learned my lesson. Seems i had to see a full backview before i could really form an opinion. You're are right, it does not look good...
                    if it's any comfort to you, I'm as disappointed by this Rick's treachery as you are... but on the other side when I've learnt the lesson at the store, my wallet was pretty happy. I finally got my revenge on him with the new sissyp arrival Rue Herold.
                    pix

Comment

• DamageX
                      • Dec 2008

I also like the shape and construction of the blazer and I don't really mind the jacket either. I think the model in the Oki-Ni fit picture may need a smaller size.

Styled with other Rick Owens pieces it looks great in my opinion, but I can see myself having problems styling it with non Rick Owens pieces.

Also, some of these pieces look much better in motion then seeing them in still images.
                      Last edited by DamageX; 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

I dunno what you guys are talking about, the samurai coat looks the best from behind...I am over the whole velcro/back/collar up and down talk...the coat is SICK, one of the best pieces i have ever bought!
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

I do like the jacket pictured on the previous page. It just looks silly worn with skinny pants, from what I can see, but that is expected. I'm not even sure you absolutely need to complete this with RO pieces to make it work : the pants just have to close the shape nicely.
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I love the back of that coat BSR posted. Unconventional tailoring.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the sleeves seem to be constructed with a forward tilt in order to keep the constricting shape of the sleeves and shoulder, hence creating creases when you let you arm hang down.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                                • Oct 2007

The bell shaped silhouettes that Rick Owens does has been integral to his style since the beginning. It really draws upon his commonly used reference of Great War era skirted overcoat shapes.

I just came into possession of a shin length coat from FW06 and it has an an impressive and sharply tailored bell shape to it. Proof that Rick has been capable of creating tailored pieces all along. Will have to do a WAYWT come winter.

Thumbs up to the two pieces on the last page!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎