Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
    i have to disagree and say that the wool falls nicer and looks more RICK

according to the pictures (sadly) and my tastes
    Did tou try on both ? I guess no.
    Don't trust the professional pictures with the special angle from the NYC store. I said : "shit looking IRL".

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

Hm didn't notice before but this season's blazer seems to be different from previous versions. My strutter blazer has parallel seams at the upper half of the back, no centreal seam and also missing those diagonal seams at the shoulder area.

Please note my picture.

Comment

• Rech
        • Apr 2009

yes... also the coat of this season have those diagonal seams on the shoulder area...

The wool blazer is really better than the boiled wool one... christian you are right...
        just more and more Rick than the other one...

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
        Hm didn't notice before but this season's blazer seems to be different from previous versions. My strutter blazer has parallel seams at the upper half of the back, no centreal seam and also missing those diagonal seams at the shoulder area.

Please note my picture.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

/\ You're absolutely right.
          Didn't notice it before. Means that Rick keeps on experimenting new cuts on the blazers.
          And it explains maybe as well why the fitting of the blazers was different this fall.

Comment

• Rech
            • Apr 2009

damn but i really have to come in Paris to try the fit of an S size of this blazer!!!!

i've seen a lot of variaton in the RO sizes this season... starting from the basic and also the pant (the drop crotch have a tighter fit than the SS09 drop crotch)
            the coat (it have the same seams of the blazer) run true to RO size...
            for the knits..IMO those run a bit tighter than the AW08.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            /\ You're absolutely right.
            Didn't notice it before. Means that Rick keeps on experimenting new cuts on the blazers.
            And it explains maybe as well why the fitting of the blazers was different this fall.

Comment

• zhlmmc
              Banned
              • Oct 2009

I like the forth one!

Comment

• jcotteri
                • Jun 2008

edit: waiiiiiiiit.. 4th Helmut Berger picture
                WTB: This

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Dom coat

For the record. I ordered the Dom coat in silk, since I couldn't find anywhere the wool/mohair version. I won't keep it (the fabric is too stiff, to shinny and to thin, i.e. not warm enough for the winter), but I thought I should share some pictures, since some members are interested in RO's formal design.

Shape is very interesting and original, especially the back, with the two lateral tails envelopping the central one, the oversized collar and the front tails forming an inverted V. No problem of bell shape btw.
                  As usual, shoulders are very narrow (more than CCP's ), and armholes are very tigh and high.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

That coat looks stunning on you, shame about the material. Just cheapens it, especially compared to the wool/mohair version. Is this an M?

Originally posted by Christian View Post

For the record. I ordered the Dom coat in silk, since I couldn't find anywhere the wool/mohair version. I won't keep it (the fabric is too stiff, to shinny and to thin, i.e. not warm enough for the winter), but I thought I should share some pictures, since some members are interested in RO's formal design.

Shape is very interesting and original, especially the back, with the two lateral tails envelopping the central one, the oversized collar and the front tails forming an inverted V. No problem of bell shape btw.
                    As usual, shoulders are very narrow (more than CCP's ), and armholes are very tigh and high.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

It looks good, Christian, and you are right about the fabric.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Yes, it's an M.
                        I won't believe that nobody here on SZ bought it... Come on, guys, share some pictures (or send me a PM if you're shy) ! I want to open a "RO's formal design" thread.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                          • Aug 2009

I actually happen to love the silk fabric, it looks like some beautiful, heavy couture silk like radzimir or mikado, the kind of things Cristobal Belanciaga would use for his expertly constructed coats and jackets in the haydays of Haute Couture. The washed appearance gives the surface a somewhat marbled texture that is looking gorgeous!

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
                            I actually happen to love the silk fabric, it looks like some beautiful, heavy couture silk like radzimir or mikado, the kind of things Cristobal Belanciaga would use for his expertly constructed coats and jackets in the haydays of Haute Couture. The washed appearance gives the surface a somewhat marbled texture that is looking gorgeous!
                            You're right, but the fabric is way too stiff : kills the shape (see the button closing on the fourth picture).

Shit, missed my 1000th message. Anyway, see me soon in the WAYWT to celebrate.
                            Last edited by Chant; 11-01-2009, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                              • Aug 2009

You're right in that the stiffness of the silk pronounces the belled shape of the coat even a bit more, since I hear a couple people weren't too keen on that shape, I understand that it might make it a bit more 'flamboyant'...

I just wanted to say that the silk fabric doesn't make the allover appearance any cheap, as had been mentioned. I recall that the shine of that silk was more matte than obviously 'in your face' like cheap silk satin pyjamas, it's just up to oneself if you can get any use out of a rather thin dress coat (to me it's more like a dress-y frock coat that's more meant for transseasonal/indoor use, not as a warm overcoat).

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

You're right, fabric doesn't look cheap at all. On the contrary, it's very nice, with a hint of "washed" or distressed look. But the overall feeling is that the coat is verrrrrry dressy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎