No announcement yet.

Damir Doma FW 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. He is the only menswear designer I've seen that builds his entire silhouette around sensualism and drape. clothes I imagined myself wearing when I was small, 10 years ago, he is making now.

Comment

• DANSER
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I am saying that it's kind of early to talk about "archives."

... archives are built up from the first season and if you believe in an artists direction then why not showcase him from an early stage and support the artist -

fair play to them i say... they did it with raf, margiela and now damir

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Gazza Pugh had a retrospective of his work at the V&A museum back in 06. A whole season before he first showed in paris.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

"We are pleased to invite you to Private Sales of Damir Doma fall-winter 2009-2010 collection which will take place in Damir Doma Store in Paris from Friday, the 27th of November until Sunday, the 29th of November.

40% Off Ready-to-wear, shoes, jewelry and accessories.

Please note that this weekend we will be also open on Sunday."

The store is taking international orders. Send request to :
          frol@damirdoma.com

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Too many things. Too little money. Oh, well.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

Ok, so I want the jacket in the post above on the right and the long hooded knit with the curving zipper. I saw and tried on both at A, and they are beautiful.
              Faust, do you think the scarf jacket could work during the summer at all? Never got a chance to handle it in person.
              Last edited by xeraphim; 11-26-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

No, the scarf would make it way too warm. Not to mention you'd look pretty silly with the scarf in the summer.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                  I agree. He is the only menswear designer I've seen that builds his entire silhouette around sensualism and drape. clothes I imagined myself wearing when I was small, 10 years ago, he is making now.
                  Just playing catch up with this thead-Not sure what you mean by small. I think the guys who look best in this are the tall, full-framed men. Chant is obviously a great example. And if you're fat you can hide in the extra fabric.

Comment

• mononon
                    • Sep 2009

^i thought heirloom meant small as in young?
                    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

In which case, I'm even more confused.

Comment

• what's so confusing? i said I imagined the clothes he makes now when i was young. The proportions, the drape, the lines. of course, i didn't know how to articulate the ideas or realize them, but it's very close to what i have wanted ever since i was very young.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

No, the scarf would make it way too warm. Not to mention you'd look pretty silly with the scarf in the summer.
                          No, scarf isn't warm, and in summer you would wear the jacket open, so it would fall on the side and not be warm at all.
                          In addition, it's quite a light jacket, not meant for heavy winter, unless you layer under.
                          Imo it's a spring/autumn jacket, which can work as well in summer.
                          I don't remember the different fabrics it's been made of, but one I tried on was very light.
                          Last edited by Chant; 11-27-2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Perhaps it was just the way it was stated. Small as in young. And if you were referencing physical size, I just didn't agree. But you weren't.

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              No, scarf isn't warm, and in summer you would wear the jacket open, so it would fall on the side and not be warm at all.
                              In addition, it's quite a light jacket, not meant for ehavy winter, unless you layer under.
                              Imo it's a spring/autumn jacket, whic can work as well in summer.
                              I don't remember the different fabrics it's been made of, but one I tried on was very light.
                              I've only seen two variations of the jacket - one made of 100% wool, the other a linen/wool/cotton blend. Assuming the one you tried on was the latter, then the former would probably be a tad too warm for summer?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

The one I tried on was wool. Definitely too warm for summer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎