Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XenoX101
    • Dec 2008

This is surely the height of pretentiousness, putting your clothes on lights so they look like alien embryos waiting to hatch (or be worn in this case). It's pretty warranted though, the clothes and the fabrics they use are pretty much what you'd expect from a designer that would show their clothes in this way, that is, they are fantastic.

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

It was a mini installation with the actual showroom upstairs, and the area was used for a party with an open bar. Not pretentious at all and made for some great lighting, in fact.
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• XenoX101
        • Dec 2008

I'd be scared shitless of spilling my drink, would have been pretty awesome though. Oh and didn't realise the showroom pictures, they look pretty fair. Not saying its bad the way the clothes are shown, I really like the look and feel of it, but it definitely puts the clothes on a pedestal (no pun intended), treating them as works of art in a museum rather than just clothes, fortunately viridi-anne lives up to it, but I can see a tacky designer doing this same sort of stunt and creating a lot of hoo-haa over not much chop.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

for fucks sake.. pretentious? it was a visual installation done by the designer, consider it art, if you will. there was an entire floor in which garments were hung from racks just like in any other showroom.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• XenoX101
            • Dec 2008

Forget I said anything, it doesn't seem your understanding what I'm trying to say, but thats ok. I will try to sum it up by saying the designer clearly has a high regard for his clothes to treat them as museum pieces like this and thankfully his work is worth putting up like this.

Comment

• vapidly
              • Dec 2007

any place besides A stocking this collection in NYC?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

nope.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vapidly View Post
                  any place besides A stocking this collection in NYC?
                  If you check the stocklist on the viridi-anne website you will see that Atelier and First Among Equals are the only stock lists in New York.
                  WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ more 411 on the store?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coup de grace
                      x
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Who? View Post
                      If you check the stocklist on the viridi-anne website you will see that Atelier and First Among Equals are the only stock lists in New York.
                      i don't think fae actually has any viridi pieces, i was in there a week ago.

Comment

• Who?
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        /\ more 411 on the store?
                        I've never been, they were recently (since summer) added as stocklist on the website.

Here is FAE's current website, a new website will be up soon:

There blog:

After a little research, it seems they originally carried brands like corpus, pour, pudel and april77. They renovated, re-opened and now carry obscur, 0044, giuliano fujiwara and michel berandi.
                        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

aha, some SZ alignment, lol. well, that never hurts these days, i suppose.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• obscure
                            • Oct 2009

The Viridi-Anne Autumn Winter '09 will arrive at FAE the week of October 12.

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

FAE is a cool little boutique. Solely menswear. Seems to get a variety of labels each season and they change frequently. Really nice guy runs the place and is more than helpful with special orders and shipping out of NYC. It's just next to BBlessing if you're ever in that neighborhood.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by obscure View Post
                                The Viridi-Anne Autumn Winter '09 will arrive at FAE the week of October 12.
                                Thanks for that bit of advertising.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎