WOW

Comment

• howinpark
              • Jan 2009

I don't know why but i only see their lips =S

Comment

• KodakII
                • Sep 2008

I am so glad he moved away from that boring shit he was doing for the past couple of seasons. Its nice to see him expand on his bird theme and the Leigh Bowery inspiration doesn't hurt either.
                Last edited by KodakII; 03-11-2009, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Holy shit, this is insane. Really, is there anyone more talented?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Holy shit, this is insane. Really, is there anyone more talented?
                    We dont know, because they dont seem to show it.......
                    Only Chalayan but in a different way, or Gaultier on his good Days........
                    This is excellent though, and as I said earlier only him or Chalayan could have come with something that was more impressive this week than Bruno Pieters........Chalayan was weak this season , but this is indeed spectacular!
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Visually and technically spectacular, of course, but really, this is practically irrelevant as RTW and seems really out of touch with the world at the moment.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Monty76
                        • Sep 2006

Damn... brilliant, especially all the completely different looks he accomplished using houndstooth on different scales... and that MC Escherish houndstooth design with the birds...

This whole collection belongs in a museum somewhere...

Are their faces sqished behind something or did they just draw really big lips?

this is nutso -

reminds me of kylie -

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                          Visually and technically spectacular, of course, but really, this is practically irrelevant as RTW and seems really out of touch with the world at the moment.
                          Which is exactly what one expects from McQueen, no? At least he is being honest about what fashion industry is. All the pretense at social responsibility on its part drives me nuts. This is a fantasy industry, by and large. Same with Hollywood. When the day after the Oscars NPR kept going on about how Hollywood was aware of the recession and social responsibility, I wanted to puke. Those people are not social responsible. They operate in another universe, one of fantasy, and that's exactly where the public wants them, I think. Escape.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Which is exactly what one expects from McQueen, no? At least he is being honest about what fashion industry is. All the pretense at social responsibility on its part drives me nuts. This is a fantasy industry, by and large. Same with Hollywood. When the day after the Oscars NPR kept going on about how Hollywood was aware of the recession and social responsibility, I wanted to puke. Those people are not social responsible. They operate in another universe, one of fantasy, and that's exactly where the public wants them, I think. Escape.
                            I wouldnt necessarily call it an escape but I do find it inspiring and aspirational.
                            I agree with Karl Lagerfeld ........... when he said that "one should not think something ( a 20 million dollar diamond?) shouldnt exist because they cant afford it". You could really argue... as Laika said, that in terms of RTW it is impractical and out of touch, but I do find an inspirational value in it, and from that stanpoint it is indeed relevant.

I think in some ways it also speaks to the current situation of the super rich and glamorous having a cash reserve to still live how they want to, but in the instant immediacy of those who are and becoming dirt poor (the now jobless).......hence the garbage juxtaposed on the same stage (runway) as the glamourous clothing
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Escape.

I agree, but i do feel a bit luke warm about the colour scheme. black white and red is like strawberry jam. so standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎