• Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: Burberry Prorsum Mens - FW07-08

[quote user="philip nod"]

760 Old Kent Road

[/quote]

I think this joke is too subtle for me. Prosum on the Old Kent Road? Explain!

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

just check the address

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

ah yes!

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

since this was bumped, I have to say that I forgot how nicea coupleof the looks in this collection were. I also really liked some of the pieces in person, I was trying to find some of the pants but selection wasn't too big.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• joey_formal
            • Dec 2007

i have to say that look you bumped with is one of my favorites as well mike, but i really dig the similar look but with the oversized cable knit underneath.

Comment

• bakla
              • Oct 2006

I love this sweater but it's effing huge and heavy. The mannequin at Barneys Madison had one of the cardigans on, and a week later, the knee length had stretched to mid-calf from the enormous weight of the knit![86]

Still might buy it, though.[79]

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Yea, the Barneys here still has a bunch of those heavy knit cardigans with the clasps going down it. They're bank though!

I need to give the Burberry NY store a call though...I need one of the cardigans in my life. (not the heavy knit one)
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ionn26
                  • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Johnny"]Think this is an excellent collection, and I don't usually like his stuff. The first 8 or so pics that Faust put up are just really nice outfits, esp the ones with the blues. The military stuff I'm less keen on - epaullets in particular really annoy me for some reason.[/quote]

Agreed about epaullets.

Djrajio, military is such a quentissential part of menswear, I don't think transient terms such as theme or trend applies.

[/quote]

I am all about military and the epaullets. I can't get enough of it.. especially this past season's slim long coat with epaullets.. VERY NICE

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Bakla, it might actually tire you out running around the city with that thing on. I love knits, but sometimes they are too damn heavy. They should've mixed some angora in that bad boy, or something else lightweight.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Bakla, it might actually tire you out running around the city with that thing on. I love knits, but sometimes they are too damn heavy. They should've mixed some angora in that bad boy, or something else lightweight.
                      [/quote]

I know! I tried it on and it was like wearing a dozen wet mops. Nice cableknit though - definitely coat weight so you can't really wear a coat over it, I think. Don't know how he managed it for the runway looks but maybe those models are even skinnier than we know...

Comment

• jowaha
                        • Nov 2007

Does anyone know what the current markdown is on Prorsum at the Burberry stores? Barneys didn't have much besides black raw denim last time I went.

I'll echo ionn26's comment on the military theme. Epaulettes seem to be my Achille's heel. I picked up the long grey overcoat with the epaulettes and shearling collar during Barney's pre-sale.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎