X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oh weh mir
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    maybe you shouldn't have pressed that send button after all...
    I agree with you completely. It was just one of those days.
    Originally posted by AVALANCHE
    is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

Hahaa wow this is terrible after fall 09.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

That 9-minute remix of Dominator was downright unbearable and the angsty speed march of the models was horrible.
        I realize he's showing movement and articulation but there could have been some consistency between each walk with a soundtrack that helped create a mood instead of destroy one.

As far as the pieces, I echo the sentiments of those who didn't like the denim, the shoe/boot interpretation or the leather aprons.

It is a solid line as far as a season of work and it comes across as typical RO I suppose. I think there's this collision of real world vs. runway in there that contradicts itself maybe.
        The only things I buy from rick are mostly lame basics and the occasional outerwear or pair of boots...and those are consistent enough that you can always count on them. I'm not really in the market for a leather apron this season so maybe my opinion doesn't really matter.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          That 9-minute remix of Dominator was downright unbearable and the angsty speed march of the models was horrible.
          I realize he's showing movement and articulation but there could have been some consistency between each walk with a soundtrack that helped create a mood instead of destroy one.
          as someone whose ears are bleeding from watching the video, I have to say that it actually wasn't nearly as bad in person, a video camera doesn't really pick it up well. the music had more bass, and made the whole giant space very dramatic. I can imagine it being exactly what he aimed for.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eR1k
            • Feb 2009

Those mollino style jackets look a bit to contrived for my taste, especially with the extra external pockets and flaps. I'm curious to see how the pieces look and feel in person.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              "My look is about an appreciation of teenage angst without actually having the angst."
              I'm a fan of enigmatic statements, but I have absolutely no clue what on earth this sentence means.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Very high resolution pictures (click on the thumbnails). Give a better point of view on the collection.

Thanks to Drew from CommeUnCamion.com.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  I'm a fan of enigmatic statements, but I have absolutely no clue what on earth this sentence means.
                  Let me translate it for you:

"[...] subtract the footwear and creepy looking model, and you have many a 16 year old girls silly winter outfit, recycled at many times the price and for a different gender."

I guess teenage angst without the angst is just teenage.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    It's just proof, once again, the Rick is one of the best examples of post-modernism in fashion design, and a completely self-conscious one at that.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

i realised what this show is missing... the freak didnt model for rick did he

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Looks like RO's inspiration is on the same tracks as this winter : more tailored, less unformal.

The three stages silhouette he introduced this winter, and the use of the skirts, are still there as well.

But the tailored/geometrical work that everyboy noticed seems to have moved to the patterns as well, which unfortunately look like a poor rip-off of italian futurism or russian constructivism (or of his own young age work...).

In addition, the geometrical patterns doesn't follow the main lines of the body shape, but goes against them, and this produce a very strange impression :

The 45° degree angle breaks the line of the zipper, but can't be related to any implicit or subjacent anatomical line. It echoes the cut of the armpit though, and makes sense thus.

Same goes for the sneakers and their different shapes :

In this case, the instep dissapears - is denied ? CCP stand back !
                        They're strange, for sure, but not uninteresting.
                        Last edited by Chant; 06-28-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

I didn't go to the showroom since I didn't like the collection, but I'd like to know whether these shorts are a shorts+skirt combination or a one piece of clothe.

I dunno why, but the best looking models are also the most well dressed (same with DD).

I like as well these cropped light trousers.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

im not a fan of the classic rick sneaker,but im rather drawn to these.
                            I was not very impressed by the panelled jackets with denim....seems very early 2000 when denim was having another boom.
                            Over all a fairly lack lustre collection,but as always there are a few pieces in there that are rather nice.
                            In particular the leather zipped waist coats.
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
                              It's just proof, once again, the Rick is one of the best examples of post-modernism in fashion design, and a completely self-conscious one at that.
                              But srsly, postmodern or not, to me it's pretty simple:
                              He uses the idea of teenage angst in as much as he eschews the psychological and cultural aspects of it - the, well..., angst - and uses the aesthetic expression thereof as a visual model. It's pretty shallow in a way, but he may be first to admit I guess if you pressed him on the subject (and if I am right). The genius is in "dressing" the statement the way he does.
                              And now that I got this far, I guess I have essentially said what Laika said but using more words...
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I think what he meant to say, simply, was that as many of us, he has felt that angst as a teenager, and now it's gone, but the impression it has made of him has stayed and he still wants to express it. It's pretty straightforward to me - nothing enigmatic about it. I still listen to NIN without feeling what I felt listening to it 15 years ago, at least not to that degree. People grow up, pain goes away, but remembering your experiences is a beautiful thing.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎