he succeeds in conveying a melancholic majesty in his long and loose layers
    as sure footed as a mountain goat

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by STEALTH View Post
      Are you sure that is the installation ?

It looks more like a storage facility round the back of a department store
      this was a small showcase of the collection, it looks a bit ridicilous in the flash filled photo (why anyone would even publish that, I dont know) but to me it looks nicer when lit properly (2 smaller images).

and then there was video presentation, apparently the whole thing was quite low key, more of a reception with these small features.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• STEALTH
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
        as sure footed as a mountain goat
        Don't they smell bad though ?
        https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• STEALTH
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          this was a small showcase of the collection, and then there was video presentation. apparently it was quite low key, more of a reception with these small features.
          Well as long as there was a video presentation

I do not mind if the clothes looked like they were made out of grandma's curtains : )

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by STEALTH View Post
            Don't they smell bad though ?
            you're confusing the scent of subliminal advertising

Comment

• STEALTH
              • Feb 2008

Must have been the video installation : /

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

label throwing a event = very subliminal, indeed
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• C'est Fini
                  • Sep 2009

what leaves me scratching my head is the motive behind re-showing this collection in such a haphazard manner.

FA.IL

its a shame because his work is quite good.

Comment

• tlack
                    • Jun 2009

maybe damir is having personal problems. in my opinion his clothing has taken a nosedive (knots?!), prices up, and a terrible show? hmm..

Comment

• Silk
                      • Jan 2009

I might've said this already, but for me the current fw09 collection is by far better than the upcoming one, so many more wearable pieces, more define cuts etc. the past ss was very good as well, but the current one is his best one in my book.

I agree here, but I also think more wearable and interesting pieces will be coming out than what we've seen so far. For instance, we didn't know anything about the most wearable pieces from this season(well maybe some did, but it wasn't posted on here) until they actually started hitting stores, like the cardigans, jackets, pants, hats, and that irregular knit sweater

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

That is a good point, Silk.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                          I agree here, but I also think more wearable and interesting pieces will be coming out than what we've seen so far. For instance, we didn't know anything about the most wearable pieces from this season(well maybe some did, but it wasn't posted on here) until they actually started hitting stores, like the cardigans, jackets, pants, hats, and that irregular knit sweater
                          unfortunately there wont, at least for me. judging purely on wearability, I could've easily wanted half of the f/w collection where as there were maybe 2-3 pieces that interested me from the entire ss10 line up, and even those were basics (t-shirts, knits). virtually all jackets, coats, trousers and tops were cut very simply cut too large and bulky for my liking. but this is just me, I know many others who viewed the ss10 collection and liked it.

this is of course from a pure consumer viewpoint, if talking about the collection from a visual perspective, I liked it a bit more than this might imply, but at the end of the day they are clothes and usability is one of the main concerns, while a collection might be nice overall it can vary in wearability.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by tlack View Post
                            maybe damir is having personal problems. in my opinion his clothing has taken a nosedive (knots?!), prices up, and a terrible show? hmm..
                            Knots aren't that meaningless, even though I'm not fond of them neither. I will not translate what I wrote here (and I wouldn't be abble to do it ), but you can googletranslate do it if you want : http://www.commeuncamion.com/damir-doma-fw-20092010/

In addition, I'd say that proposing the hypothesis of "personal problems" when you don't understand, or don't like, one's work is a weak one.

DISCLAIMER : The Pedagogic Spruiker is secretly affiliated to Damir Doma Inc. and is very happy to be driven every week-end to a ***** hostel in Deauvile in a brand new Mercedes SLW 687 rented by Paper Rain, wearing tons of clothes he got for free.
                            Last edited by Chant; 09-21-2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

this is of course from a pure consumer viewpoint, if talking about the collection from a visual perspective, I liked it a bit more than this might imply, but at the end of the day they are clothes and usability is one of the main concerns, while a collection might be nice overall it can vary in wearability.
                              You're absolutely right to make the distinction. Damir himself says that a runway has to carry a vision, to be a show, to reveal an entire universe and not be a poor presentation of everydayclothesdressed models. When he's trying on with his stylist the clothes on the models to prepare the show and that one of them says "Cool I could wear this in the street", it's for them the sign of a fail.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                In addition, I'd say that proposing the hypothesis of "personal problems" when you don't understand, or don't like, one's work is a weak oner.
                                yes, can we please not resort to this kind of stupidity?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎