Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sion
    • Mar 2009

Wow, the prices really are insane this season. And this is the first season so far im not super eager to buy a lot of items, most of the stuff oki-ni has for preorder is crap. I dont like the super oversizing sleeves at all, how the hell can you pull that off and not look silly?

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Sion View Post
      Wow, the prices really are insane this season. And this is the first season so far im not super eager to buy a lot of items, most of the stuff oki-ni has for preorder is crap. I dont like the super oversizing sleeves at all, how the hell can you pull that off and not look silly?
      Cuff them and everything will be fine.

Comment

• DANSER
        • Nov 2008

wow - that ss10 stuff looks great

better get saving!

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by DANSER View Post
          wow - that ss10 stuff looks great

better get saving!
          Sion, I wouldn't base my opinion only on pics and selection of an online store.
          In addition, even though I'm a big fan of Damir's work, I've never bought more than 10/15 items of an entire collection, i.e. 10% maximum of it. So, even though the collection looks weak, you'll always find some things that will interest you.

Comment

• diamonds
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            Cuff them and everything will be fine.

if you want to look like chinese royalty

Comment

• LeOn
              • Jun 2008

(no offence but) Oki-ni's model is turning the collection into a disaster..

Comment

• editevening
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                he has dedicated threads on sufu, the guy is a Legend.
                This is why their prices are so high. He has touched every garment with his awesomeness.
                #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by editevening View Post
                  This is why their prices are so high. He has touched every garment with his awesomeness.
                  "There is no charge for awesomeness."

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sion
                    • Mar 2009

True, Ill prolly end up buying quite a few things once i have the opportunity to try and feel the clothes. ;)

And yeah, the Oki-Ni model is seriously so bad, he is not ugly, but he just feels so wrong in damir. I think i saw him in some Raf earlier this year, couldnt stop laughing.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

I don't think there's anything wrong with the guy, he's only wearing clothes to big for him.
                      Last edited by Chant; 12-16-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

by simply cropping out the face and not using flash in the photos would improve them significantly... the focus should be on the garments, not his "wtf am I doing here" expression
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Oriba
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          by simply cropping out the face and not using flash in the photos would improve them significantly... the focus should be on the garments, not his "wtf am I doing here" expression
                          seconded

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

Those jumpsuit pictures + prices made me laugh out loud.
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• jevna
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                              Those jumpsuit pictures + prices made me laugh out loud.

two completely different jackets, yeh, but still ehm...
                              i guess some people will hate me for this, but...
                              damir doma prices are quite high, but sorry, aren't rick's prices constantly rising from season to season?
                              i remember i bought his carry-over merino wool cardigan in the palais royal store for 350 eur exactly 2 years ago. How much does it go for now??
                              Also, some people probably won't agree and throw stones on me, but what i was thinking is that although the dd prices are high, needs to be admitted that he used very special fabrics and leathers for the collection... never basic materials. DD is a lot about beautiful materials and you pay for that. I can't see the same attention for fabrics and in other designers that are in dd's same range. I don't want to say that i find dd prices nice, but I think it needs to be taken in consideration the fact that for example a designer like ann (which i really like) uses always solid but often still basic fabrics and parts of her production are in tunisia... what's the brand's markup for a 300eur shirt in basic popeline produced in tunisia?? i don't dare to imagine.

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

^^good point, but still does not explain the reason why DD's prices have skyrocked two or even three fold over the past couple seasons (assuming he has always used nice materials)
                                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎