X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H-R
    • May 2007

Re: Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme FW 07-08 - Paris

[quote user="Casius"]Wow, I love those pants with the knit cuff at the ankle. I've seen the cargo styled ones but never those. Anyone know the price of those?

I'm guessing they're bank...

[/quote]

i'd think they'll be in the $700 range seeing that most of the pants this season are priced as such

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

$700! Quite expensive...although most pants from previous seasons which cost about that much in the Western world are only 30K-ish yen in Tokyo, much more affordable.

Comment

• H-R
        • May 2007

that's the way it is in the US. when i was in tokyo this spring i saw that the pants were in 40k region, and they sell for 700ish in the states

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

This shit's phenomenal

Comment

• interman
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="H-R"]that's the way it is in the US. when i was in tokyo this spring i saw that the pants were in 40k region, and they sell for 700ish in the states[/quote]

Wow, didn't know they were that cheap in Japan. They're nice pants of course, but imo more 40k JPY nice than 700 USD nice.

Comment

• boxma
              • Feb 2007

Same thing for other japanese brands like Number (N)ine. retail price is about 30% - 50% more in US.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="boxma"]Same thing for other japanese brands like Number (N)ine. retail price is about 30% - 50% more in US.[/quote]

Hmmm, maybe I should order that Junya Watanabe coat through a proxy? Do those SuFu proxy guys actually run around Tokyo and pick stuff up from stores?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• burgerbot
                  • Jun 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="boxma"]Same thing for other japanese brands like Number (N)ine. retail price is about 30% - 50% more in US.[/quote]

Hmmm, maybe I should order that Junya Watanabe coat through a proxy? Do those SuFu proxy guys actually run around Tokyo and pick stuff up from stores?

[/quote]

some proxies do that, which is really nice. a couple of them are even willing to call/stop by the store and ask any questions you might have. it makes things so much easier.
                  sadly, junya stuff is barely cheaper in japan as compared to the u.s. most of the time it's not worth the time or money to use a proxy for it. it's a shame.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="burgerbot"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

some proxies do that, which is really nice. a couple of them are even willing to call/stop by the store and ask any questions you might have. it makes things so much easier.
                    sadly, junya stuff is barely cheaper in japan as compared to the u.s. most of the time it's not worth the time or money to use a proxy for it. it's a shame.

[/quote]

Really? Is that primary source information? From what I was told, Comme des Garcons can be as much as 50% cheaper in Japan. I don't see how JW would be different.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• my friend goo
                      • Oct 2007

Faust, I can go check stuff out if you want, have the day off and was going to go check out some stores.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="my friend goo"]Faust, I can go check stuff out if you want, have the day off and was going to go check out some stores.
                        [/quote]

Thank you. I'll PM you with the pic - don't want to derail this thread.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• seiji
                          • Aug 2007

faust: Really? Is that primary source information? From what I was told,
                          Comme des Garcons can be as much as 50% cheaper in Japan. I don't see
                          how JW would be different.

This difference can be explained because a part of the line is made in france (cdg shirt i think)(which is cheaper in France than in Japan) and for instance the Junya for CDG or the H+ MIJ is cheaper in Japan.

For Yohji I talked with a shop staff in Japan and he told me that the yohji's stuffs are definitely cheaper in Japan and that the best items are not released in Europe. Same for Issey Miyake: amazing stuffs such as the latest green coat are not released in France.

Correct me if i am mistaken ;)

ps: the man has been a yohji's fan since he was 14yo. He told me he bought the Y-3 hoodie with a pinup in the back for about 4000$ lol.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I think scott said that the Yohji markupis something crazy like40% in the UK, compared to japanese retail

probably partly due to a strong pound and not so strong yen, but still [:|]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="seiji"]

ps: the man has been a yohji's fan since he was 14yo. He told me he bought the Y-3 hoodie with a pinup in the back for about 4000$ lol.

[/quote]

Is this some sort of infamous Yohji piece or is he just out of his mind?
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• seiji
                                • Aug 2007

well, in my opinion, it' s really unjustified to spend so much money on a simple coton hoodie. The piece was limited in 5 or 6 exemplaires and a unique pin up in the back. The hoodie is also reversible (the inside is pink i think). So, the guy is crazy because he told me that it was not so expensive for a unique piece and about yohji I think it was just a game à la mastermind japan.[75]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎