X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • One
    • Aug 2009

Jean//philip

jean//phillip is a fashion brand based in copenhagen and founded by designer jean philip in 2007.

The color palette is kept clean and the focus is kept on the details, silhouette and materials.

aw 08

• One
    • Aug 2009

ss 09

Comment

• One
      • Aug 2009

aw 09

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

Thank you for this, One. Some of it is good. I sense a lack of focus overall though. I'd love to have more information. When was this label founded? What is the designer's inspiration?
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I see a bastard child of Helmut Land and Cloak.When is he doing a diffusion line?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pinoy
            • Dec 2006

^ good call on the heavy Helmut Lang influences.

Like with so many young designers today, it seems like Jean Philip suffers from the lack of a singular vision. Instead they replace vision with aesthetic inspirations which of course come from the work of previous great designers.

Comment

• One
              • Aug 2009

Label was formed in 2007.
              Here is his website.

If you look at the full collections it looks a lot more disjointed. This here is just a few of the looks I liked. The rest though is just bad.

But, he does seem to be getting a little better each season.

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
              Thank you for this, One. Some of it is good. I sense a lack of focus overall though. I'd love to have more information. When was this label founded? What is the designer's inspiration?

Comment

• ultimaratio
                • Aug 2009

SS10:

Copenhagen Fashion Week's official website. Explore the schedule, livestreams, upcoming events, exclusive designer content, sustainability focus, fashion

His collections are disjointed because he is a young designer. Realizing a vision takes time and skill, not mere aspiration. Everything is referential to an extent - Helmut himself wasn't always 'One of the Greats', so to speak.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ultimaratio View Post
                  His collections are disjointed because he is a young designer. Realizing a vision takes time and skill, not mere aspiration. Everything is referential to an extent - Helmut himself wasn't always 'One of the Greats', so to speak.
                  I've been wondering if the reason we see such derivative collections much of the time isn't that we're seeing collections earlier in a designer's career. The last major round of greats had their early collections before the internet was widespread. I don't know if their very early pieces weren't derivative as well. I'm not claiming anything, just wondering.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

I see what you mean. I've seen earlier pieces of Rick Owens, and I don't really like anything earlier than 2006

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ My 2004 Rick leather still blows out of the water most of what he puts out today.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎