• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Julius MA SS2010

feel free to copy images here

the direction of the MA line is slightly unclear to me as it started of with a bigger focus on tailored stuff and basics, but seems to stray closer to mainline Julius. either way, loved the photos, some great looking pieces.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

detail shots:

cheers Arto.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

the line still feels very unfocused to me, like horikawa can't decide what he wants the label to be. still some very nice pieces in there, tailored work is sharp as always, the light weight basics and pants look perfect for summer, and the vests are interesting with their large, structured collars and hoods. digging the light weight jackets, the semi-raglan cut of the shoulders is a bit different to their previous jackets and the design looks very clean. those dual lace-up boots are a bit of a wtf though.
          Last edited by dji; 09-03-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

I love those huge collars and some of the jackets are really nice.

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

> the direction of the MA line is slightly unclear to me as it started of with a bigger focus on tailored stuff and basics, but seems to stray closer to mainline Julius.

I think that is exactly what this collection is, which should be obvious from these pictures. This season's main Julius line was greatly lacking in easy-to-wear basics and tailoring and this time the MA collection really picks up the slack. I think it is the first time that the two have truly compliments each other.

I think confusion arises because a handful of these pictures contain items from the main line, including the boots, two-zipper vest, and what looks to be a skirt. Take those out and you are left with exactly what you are looking for in this line. It is a small collection and is nearly all basics; t-shirts, some amazing twisted seam twill pants, an amazing suit, etc. Especially with the styling/look of the Julius SS2010, it is all stuff that might look slightly out-of-place in the main line but makes perfect sense side-by-side.

The only thing I would consider not a strongly "basic" piece would be the high-neck leather vest which is amazing, either way. The blousons are made from a cotton twill which is very standard and easy-to-wear. There are some bottoms and jackets made from either cotton/rayon sweat material or cotton cupro satin which can be seen as slightly lounge-like; also very easy-to-wear.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

T are the the black and white blousons in the shots made from cotton cupro satin/twill? I've actually been looking for lightweight jackets like that but hadn't had any luck finding anything that appealed till now. any leather in the collection besides the vests and footwear?

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

The one with the zip-pockets on the chest is cotton twill and the others are cotton cupro satin. The twill fabric is pretty standard and has some stretch for comfort. The satin one is super soft and comfy.

No footwear. The only leather is the vest, a semi-lightweight hooded jacket, and amazing fingerless gloves.

Comment

• coup de grace
                    x
                    • Sep 2006

julius ccp line coming fw10

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

thanks for the rundown T. damn, not going to be copping much from the SS10 mainline but I can see myself getting the MA line cotton cupro jackets (in black and white), lightweight leather hoodie and some of the jersey basics. fingerless leather gloves are always enticing too, can't wait to see them.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Damn, great spin on tailored items. Is that high collar on a shirt underneath that blazer?
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

It has a high collar and is styled with it up in that picture, but I think it falls most naturally as a cowl-neck.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Excellent.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• disruptfam
                              • Sep 2009

very nice !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡