X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Burberry Prorsum SS10

Well, someone had to. The stuff is divine.

It looks even better fullscreen, go to - http://www.style.com/fashionshows/re...10RTW-BURBERRY and press view full screen.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I think it's far from divine, but it's good Burberry fare.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Yan
      • Mar 2008

At least they are back showing in London where they belong

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

Faust, it is just the way it feels, you know. Everything flows together perfectly - the shapes, the fabrics, the silhouettes. And throughout the whole of collection.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
          Oh—my—god. I'm in love!

EDIT: Damn.

Yeah, saw this last night and thought (all Lang similarities aside) I'd wear that. Actually don't think it's quite as shiny as it looks here.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• STEALTH
            • Feb 2008

Yuppie chic
            https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by STEALTH View Post
              Yuppie chic
              Wow, haven't heard the word Yuppie in a decade. Comeback?
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• STEALTH
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                Wow, haven't heard the word Yuppie in a decade. Comeback?
                No

This Brand and many similar are just 10 years out of date : )
                https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• mamaboy
                  • Mar 2008

i love loose socks on these women in sandals high heels
                  but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

I'm not very sure I like that belt-around-the-stomach thing that almost every girl does... but that doesn't really matter. some of the pieces look great though. this http://www.style.com/slideshows/fash...WAY/00240m.jpg one is pretty cool.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

It's pretty and very Burberry. My main complaint is it seems a bit slick, I like it when he plays with more organic textures and richer colors.
                      music

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                        It's pretty and very Burberry. My main complaint is it seems a bit slick, I like it when he plays with more organic textures and richer colors.
                        I went to " An evening with Christopher Bailey" at Selfridges last night. He was being interviewed by Colin McDowell and I must say I was very impressed with him. I have rarely seen such a down to earth and humble personality paired with such an acute business sense and consistent vision. Very very likeable chap.

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I think it's far from divine, but it's good Burberry fare.
                          I wouldn't even go that far. I think this is probably one the weakest Prorsum collections on record. The color palette, silhouette and twisted draping strongly and unpleasantly recall last season's (hideous) Balenciaga collection.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            I went to " An evening with Christopher Bailey" at Selfridges last night. He was being interviewed by Colin McDowell and I must say I was very impressed with him. I have rarely seen such a down to earth and humble personality paired with such an acute business sense and consistent vision. Very very likeable chap.
                            I don't know - I read the article in the New Yorker on him, and he came off as absolutely flat and characterless. And New Yorker is pretty damn good when it comes to profiles.

Yea, I guess you are right, droogist.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• skot4mc
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                              I wouldn't even go that far. I think this is probably one the weakest Prorsum collections on record. The color palette, silhouette and twisted draping strongly and unpleasantly recall last season's (hideous) Balenciaga collection.
                              I’m with you droogist. This is terrible. The twisting/pleating/knotting/stiff draping effect, on well, everything, seems to be the definitive detail of the collection, yet it comes off very haphazard, lumpy and difficult to wear.

The difference with the Balenciaga collection, I think, was that the draping was much more controlled, suited to the fabrication and added or helped define the silhouette, which I agree, was not always successful, but at least Ghesquiere could marry the draping with the garment. The incorporation of the two felt refined. Here it just seems like surface detail, plastered on to otherwise basic pattern-making.

Bailey seems to sway between the romanticism of the past, the Burberry heritage and his English upbringing, to the predictability of celebrity fodder. The blunt lengths, the bare legged styling, the gaudy hardware belts that make up this collection all add towards the latter. I find his approach much more natural and successful when he is a romantic over a futurist. His hand as a designer works better with a palette of soft colours in dark neutral earthy tones, gauzy fabrics and lightness. All of which are absent here.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎