Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

I like some of it, there are some good peices and there are others that are not so good. I am very lenient with him when it comes to womenswear as i believe there are many aspects of it that he is still learning.........................
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

It's not awful or anything, but it's also not Jil Sander.
      Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

he's trying to branch out with this collection, and despite it not feeling completely 'jil sander' anymore, i'm saying 'yes' in my head a lot right now - certainly more than 'no'

-

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

A lot of people seem to dislike the belting and I can see why - it seems thrown in on more than a few outfits and seems like sort of a cheap way to get 'accessories' onto the runway (although that may just be the stench of the raf snake belts still in the air) but I think there are a few where it works.

I like this one especially - the belt / garment relationship seems considered and the silhouette is aggressive and interesting.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

I dunno, this looks very 90s, a dated amateurish interpretation of what Jil Sander used to be. The appliques at the beginning are especially egregious and the better looks are pretty standard Raf for Jil repertoire. And what is his obsession with belting? Maybe this is better than I'm giving credit, but the allusion to the Raf "snakes on a plane" collections give me a gag reflex when I look at this.

As for Raf's learning curve designing for women, he's done much better F/W 08 was amazing for example, so his curve has taken a sharp turn downward as far as I'm concerned.
            music

Comment

• XenoX101
              • Dec 2008

belts and blazers remind me of Raf Simons S/S 2010

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by raddy View Post
                Not really feeling it. While the pieces are technically interesting and at times fascinating, it's pretty scattered and none of the looks even individually come together that strongly.
                Agreed, not really memorable as a whole. Some good dresses though.

I'm also not feeling the belts. Belts over jackets = tedious = something that I've never understood. Why not just make a jacket that already has the desired waistline, or make them with attached belts of the same material?

Also I hate the shoes, especially the heel if you get a look at it close-up. It's like taking the whole shoes as sculpture thing one step too far, they just look so unwearable and wobbly.
                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

not bad, this collection feels very 1990s to me in a good way. His womens has officially left his mens in the dust.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jcotteri
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                    this is so dirty. un jil sander x2
                    WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀