Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

i just got a navy chiffon top so far...with long sheer sleeves and triangle shaped hem. it's lovely.

honestly, when i like things this much, i get a bit paralyzed and
    can't manage to make up my mind...and often wind up with nothing.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
      • Sep 2006

Hi Laika, thx:)

Yes the fall collection is wonderful, esp. layering with sheer fabrics is just super. I also like the "new" olive green.

Yes I've managed to see three shows. I also like Tao :) It's girlish, distreesed and street. Nice knits. The shoes are super, in washed leather with studs.

I didn't see Comme Comme, only clothes in the showroom.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by laika View Post
        i just got a navy chiffon top so far...with long sheer sleeves and triangle shaped hem. it's lovely.

honestly, when i like things this much, i get a bit paralyzed and
        can't manage to make up my mind...and often wind up with nothing.

thats because it is a stop in your tracks and drool collection. i saw that top and love the navy and the shape of the hemline, so glad you bought it. i am wearing the black fleece version of the top you purchased today, its so cold outside it the only thing that makes the premature chilly weather worthwhile. i only wish i have a chance to get a sheer version with some grey flannel [on sale]

ngth, i think we are the only two people who like tao ss10 so much. the boots slayed me and so did some of the longer horizontal stripe dresses.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
          • Feb 2009

A question posed on an older collection, the legendary of Hiroshima chic:

Which (atonal) music was played?

Comment

• todestrieb
            • Mar 2009

^ I might have an idea of what you have in mind but more details would be most helpful in jogging a lacklustre memory.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
              • Feb 2009

I'm just wondering what music (artist, album or track) was played at the Hiroshima chic show in Paris 1981 (?). According to attending Swedish fashion journalist Anna Stina Lindén Ivarsson, an atonal music accompanied the runway show, which she described as an opened window to another world. "When the music stopped, the window closed." Photos or video from the show would also be highly appreciated.

The Japanese wonder in Paris that year is foremost attributed to Kawakubo. Did she that time, retrospective in fact, excel Yamamoto and Miyake?

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

there's a series of video documentaries on youtube about cdg and rei, over five episodes. it's in japanese, so i couldn't get any narrative, but it's really good, and there are a few glimpses form that show, and many others, that I've never seen
                before.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• nqth
                  • Sep 2006

sorry for my late reply rider.
                  actually i like the tao's stars and stripes (and strawberries) more than the blk and white graphic at junya.

tao kurihara ss2010

Comment

• TarHeart
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    there's a series of video documentaries on youtube about cdg and rei, over five episodes. it's in japanese, so i couldn't get any narrative, but it's really good, and there are a few glimpses form that show, and many others, that I've never seen
                    before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lgvzp6szo

Hey, thanks for this link! Seem like a great documentary, if only I could understand what they were saying.. haha. Isn't there english subtitles, or translation anywhere? That would be so great..

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎