X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Bless: Women's FW 06-07

btw, most of the clothes are meant to be unisex.

Comment

• Seventh
      • Dec 2006

OK Deuxmille, I am starting to become a fan of Bless. I love those black fishnet pants that you have up for sale...

Other than this thread, I don't know much about them, where can I find more images of their work (also possibly buy their clothes)? Other than the Bless book that has mentioned (I would like to look a bit more for free before investing in the book!)

thanks

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Seventh"]

OK Deuxmille, I am starting to become a fan of Bless. I love those black fishnet pants that you have up for sale...

Other than this thread, I don't know much about them, where can I find more images of their work (also possibly buy their clothes)? Other than the Bless book that has mentioned (I would like to look a bit more for free before investing in the book!)

thanks

[/quote]

http://www.bless-service.de/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
          • Dec 2006

that was easy, thanks! [:)]

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

I highly suggest reading the book, it made me appreciate what they do a lot more, mainly because I wasn't aware of all they did besides clothes. I think I like them so much because they seem to do the things the way I've always wanted (and intend) to do, although not necessarily in the same fields of activity.

As for where to buy their clothes, there's a shop list on their site. I highly recommend shopping in stores where they have a strong presence because they often do interior design or installations in those. I'm not sure of all of them, but there's a few in Tokyo...

By the way, if you want those fishnet pants, let me know... I'm really strapped for cash right now, sadly.

Comment

• Seventh
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I highly suggest reading the book, it made me appreciate what they do a lot more, mainly because I wasn't aware of all they did besides clothes. I think I like them so much because they seem to do the things the way I've always wanted (and intend) to do, although not necessarily in the same fields of activity.

[/quote]

Would you care to elaborate on this? Do you mean how they work in a lot of different mediums, or something else? They do seem to have a slightly different approach than other designers, although I can't put my finger on what it is.

The website is cool, although very difficult to follow and hard to understand what you are looking at. I get the feeling that they are heavily conceptually driven, and I wonder if that helps or hinders their actual products.

I'll pm you about the pants.

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

Well, from what I understand from the book, they are just project driven, instead of having a set pattern to follow. It's only in the last few seasons that they starting putting out actual clothing collection twice a year. Before that they would actually limit themselves to 4 Bless products per year and they would not only be clothes. They pretty much touched to all aspects of design: furniture, interiors, installations, clothing and accessories, etc.

I also like the way they don't promote themselves, except in subversive ways (having their shows in the attendance of other shows, their first poster, decorating hotel rooms with their products, etc).

I'm quite fond of their designs too, obviously. They are on the edge of being silly and/or tacky sometimes, but somehow, they seem to always make it work in my opinion.

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

I love that story of their first poster. They get two and only two phone calls, and of all the people who it could have been, it happens to be someone from Margiela.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

The only things I've seen are the accessories they have at Reborn (quirky but in a good way, too "cool kid" for me I guess...) but I'm really interested in the long coat, care to take a pic?
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• deuxmille
                      • Nov 2006

Hey fuuma, I think what reborn buys is really weird. They seem to buy the least wearable pieces each season haha. The prices are so high too, around 30% from japanese (!!) retail from what I've observed. I dont have a camera anymore but here are some pics I took a while ago. Je reveins à montréal en avril, donc peut-être que tu vas croiser dans la rue hehe.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎