Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XenoX101
    • Dec 2008

^ see previous season, they haven't learned, fortunately it is more excusable in this collection.

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

which of these male models are "chunky"? they look fine to me; just look at how the leggings and pants fit

i wager you wouldn't even be able to tell if the two topless guys had shirts on

Comment

• XenoX101
        • Dec 2008

Not 'chunky' but big enough that leggings and the like look a bit odd, dare I say they are too 'masculine' for the adrogynous look.

Comment

• superdaddy
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ironman View Post
          which of these male models are "chunky"? they look fine to me; just look at how the leggings and pants fit

i wager you wouldn't even be able to tell if the two topless guys had shirts on
          I think i am really getting used to the really slim model. The Givenchy models to me are very masculine and definitely not slim enough.

Comment

• rach2jlc
            • Sep 2006

I was quite disappointed with most of the collections this season, finding them more like boring showroom presentations than cohesive runway shows, but I really didn't like the Givenchy one. I've followed the brand for a LONG time (more than most), back before Boateng, then with Tisci, and have enjoyed the changes and the progress.

This collection was a lot of "meh," with some goofy gimmicks thrown in. The "jesus" shirt? Didn't Dsquared run that into the ground?

Anyway, as some may know, Givenchy has a lot of "middle managers" in it (for lack of a better word) that try to milk profitability. So, I think this may correspond to what others have said in terms of why the runway collections often doesn't look like what is in stores. Givenchy deploys and produces random things for random locations... including some stuff made in China and all over the place, at multiple price points.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by creature atelier View Post
              I agree!! What was he thinking with the sandals??I don't get it!! But I so want the crown of thorns necklace. I love a good religious reference
              Sandals?? I'd worry about the mini-skirts w. hose before that. I mean cross-dressing just thrown in there with no discourse/intention behind it is really stupid.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• hurricane08
                • Nov 2008

i'm a bit late for this thread,but i just tried today the hooded parka in a local store,really awesome piece.Also tried a hooded leather jacket,good, but too expensive .I already own a wool jacket and i can admit that men's collections are always a bit underrated.
                Btw is Panos Yiapanis still working with Tisci?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎