X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USERNAME
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
    Ok Now I wonder which shop you represent...
    I am just a little buyer who work for a big chain store only!

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by USERNAME View Post
      I am sorry but i am not trying to make any advertising here, i am just trying to share what i know with all the ppl here only, because u guys seems really interesting with the long jacket.
      What long jacket do you speak of? Your first mention of it quoted a one-word reply by Faust in agreement with a statement Lowrey made not about BBS, but about Totem. I'm having trouble following your posts.

EDIT: You must be talking about the one in the fifth image. Still, like Lowrey said, please refer more clearly to what you're talking about.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• USERNAME
        • Apr 2010

OK OK! I am talking about the one in the fifth image. The real item is just far better then the pic. I believe it will arrive in sep and you guys must try it on and feel it! The 'things' that cover the face is part of the jacket but i believe you can just take it off!

Comment

• Monty76
          • Sep 2006

amazing texture... cant wait to see FW10 in person...

question: has anyone tried removing the leather tag from any of the BBS pieces. I have the linen tee and the tag is sewn in there pretty securely, im wondering if taking it off will cause irreparable damage.

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

yep, Rick...rick....and more rick. I know Julius is well liked here too but there are some pieces (like the text shirt piece) that is ripped completely from drkshdw pieces. identical. i agree with faust - rick is a leader, boris is a follower. Nice stuff, yes. It's good that Rick has started this whole style, whatever you want to call it - and he did - i'm not going back to Vionette alright - and it is nice that he did because it is nice that we have designers like bbs and julius among all this other stuff out there. Some of these tops I know I could go back to the Rick archives and they would look almost identical. I don't get it to tell you the truth - buy nice fabric, get some good cuts, copy - he is copying - throw some cash around and you got a collection. But I guess that's why originals are just that. Hell, he can't even get away with those pants after his show without me picture rick in something almost identical. I'd wear it though so no biggie.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

^Seriously? Infulenced, sure. I see that. Blatant copying, I think that's bullshit. I've owned quite a bit of both Boris and Rick and I think they wear very differently. Especially when it comes to basics, which is where you'd suspect to see great similarities. I mean, there are only so many ways you can do a black tshirt. And with designers in this niche, one where flashlessness and black fabrics are a baseline, you're bound to see similarities. There are so many obvious Boris pieces that stand out. Treatments, fabric, fit and styling..he definitely has his own take on things.

I do agree that Rick is a leader. And those "competeing" with him have an uphill battle. But overall I think you're completely wrong

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

more...are you comparing all of Saberi's collections as a whole. Or just this FW10?

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

^ Just adding to the 'Julius' copying Rick discussion...I would have to disagree. Horikawa stated that his label actually started in 96, which is only about 2 years after Rick started his label. I doubt either of them had seen each other's work back then, and even if they did, I highly doubt either of them copied each other. You can clearly see a different vision in each of their labels, and it can be derived purely from the clothes themselves. Rick started leather? Rick started black? Please. He is indeed a leader in this industry, but to say everybody is simply trying to copy him is ridiculous.

BBS on the other hand is a reletively new label, but from the pieces I own...I don't feel 'Rick' in them. Similarities, yes I definitely agree. But black and leather isn't patented by Rick.

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Laughed...you don't know what you are talking. I tried so many Rick and almost every bbs piece from the past seasons and especially the shirts are not alike at all. Starting from the fabrics, the cuts, the details...this continous in the pants. There is a reason why I don't own any Rick pant at all but 5bbs pants and more to come. The fabrics, their stiffness and the cuts are make his pants imo stand out of almost every designer right now. Looking at all the stuff in the showroom One cannot notice any copy tendencies between Rick and bbs!
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't see the Julius/Rick overlap at all. They are very different brands. I don't think you are looking close enough.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                        • Oct 2008

Though there are some similarities and common interests the personality of the clothes themselves couldn't be more different.

Boris' clothing exists in a colorless world, as evidenced by the garment tags, which never list color. The fabrics are ancient and purposed; typically doubled, durable, and lashed together with leather buttons and cords. Saberi's collections contain elements commonly associated with fourth generation warfare. These are not elements of a costume, but of a culture that exists beyond the luxury of needless consumption.

Rick's clothing, on the other hand, exists in a world of comfortable predictability. Reoccurring colors and shapes that draw on popular subculture and counterculture, and ideas of glamor and excess. Much of his work seems to be rooted in irony, the capriciousness of youth, and the various visual elements of uniform and utility.

Either way, all great designers have a vision, and all great visions must include a wide range of formless/drape/wrap/hooded/buttonless cloaks/knit cardigans. This vision is shared by all great consumers, who now own at least one.
                        Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                        is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                          Where is this picture from? Any more of the collection?
                          Adidas copied this jacket also.

Comment

• neonrider
                            • Jan 2008

i liked owm's comment on this great discussion. to me, rick fuses elements of particularly american countercultures (rock, bling, the geometry of power). bbs perhaps fuses elements of emerging global countercultures (4gw, uncivilization, anti-development). julius is somewhere in between this spectrum of two different notions of what subversion means.

perhaps their very different backgrounds and locations have played a role.

just my (perhaps nonsensical) 2c.
                            ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

if anyone is looking for a great winter coat, this one here is fantastic and reasonably priced. the mouth/face guard worn fully upright is very sinister looking. it can also be pulled in different angles-sort of adds like an ornamental element near the face.. you don't need a scarf with this coat as the collar is so close to your face, it's like wearing a bacalava.

the cooked wool is very warm, the inside feels like 1/2" thick neoprene and the hand pockets are just right..

M = 50

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

I was determined to get this coat after I've seen this picture in january. But nearly all the fit pics I've seen online made me change my mind. I'm glad that I've tried it at Darklands. I looked different from the really stiff impression in the pictures.
                                To my surprise not all the coats have the extra face guard. I've bought mine without it. Unfortunately both coats in S didn't have it, M and XS had it. Campbell will try to get one from Boris and sent it to me.

I agree that you won't get very much warmer wool coats but I'm not sure about M=50. My size S is an exact 46. The coat is cut very slim around the shoulders, so that I'm sure no 48 could wear S.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎