• Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

that makes more sense.

Comment

• Macro
      • Apr 2008

this stuff looks dated, and it hasn't even hit the stores yet. We're all going to look back at this stuff and wonder what the hell we were all thinking. I can't connect to him at all. I keep trying, and I keep giving him every chance in the world to win my heart, but all I have left is an empty void between my soul and the fabric.
      every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by merz
        at least someone caters to the sartorial needs of wizards.
        I love it.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Showroom review teaser

Comment

• tweeds
            • Sep 2006

volume, texture and colour palette - if Avantster runs out of yohji i can see him in this! his womenswear is promising: white ladies' oxfords, jumpsuits(?) and cravats/scarves, standard yohji vocabulary... but with a more beaten, weathered quality. pu yi glasses are excellent.
            SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• pierce
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Macro View Post
              this stuff looks dated, and it hasn't even hit the stores yet.
              I disagree. I think Damir Doma is German through and through. Focus on material and quality over new for new sake. Greys, blacks...
              Also superficianlly i might look boring, but really, the shapes are unique and new. Its just not flashy, again a German trait. He is capturing this unique style and then bringing it new places.
              Also the clothes are very wearable, walking around Berlin you would not look crazy in this, not so sure about London or New York. The coat below, is totally non stand out in Berlin winter. But would be very subtly different to what is currently worn by alot of people. I think this is interesting, not standing out, but still being different/individual, again very german.

Last edited by pierce; 02-02-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

would you not stand out in Berlin walking around in a bathrobe?

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                  • Aug 2009

The prices for this season are disturbingly crazy to a degree where I wonder if the end customer is indeed willing to follow, regardless of the fact that these shapes are decidedly different from other designers. Something to me doesn't come up as being properly thought out this season, I see ideas from last winter's infinity shapes reworked in this collection, but with just a bit too much going on for my taste... especially with those somewhat native-american plaid coatings.

I really think he would be best advised to strip down the collection in styles and fabric choices to what's really essential to a core of fully thought-out pieces that are being made with all necessary attention, as my overall impression was that, while the aesthetic concept is beautiful, and the collection works on a purely image-based level with all the styling elements on the runway, a lot of the clothes seen as separate pieces up close (and probably taken out of their context) fall a bit short.

Comment

• pierce
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    would you not stand out in Berlin walking around in a bathrobe?
                    You wouldn't stand out with a record balanced on your head with a stuffed parrot cello-taped on top.

Agree the prices are expensive, but for the basics ( pants, t-shirts, scarfs...) I think they are a level higher than Rick Owens if I'm honest. Thing though that bothers me more is that they are dry clean only, I wear a t-shirt out for 24 hours partying, I'd like to be able to wash it, as it generally reeks badly. Its abit impractical.
                    Last edited by pierce; 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

^ You surely would. Perhaps not at Bar 25 or Berghain during the weekend or at a sanatorium (not nr.23), but everywhere else.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                        ^ You surely would. Perhaps not at Bar 25 or Berghain during the weekend or at a sanatorium (not nr.23), but everywhere else.
                        I wouldn't exactly think of Damir's clothes as the ones I'd wear for an intense day and night out clubbing somewhere, I also haven't seen anyone dressing remotely similar to his or other SZ-discussed designers whenever I went out there myself...interesting.

Comment

• pierce
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009

I was specifically referring to a guy I see each morning on the u bahn to work, has a record stuck to his baseball hat with a stuffed bird as the icing on the cake.

As for Berghain, anything goes there really. Last time I was there saw a guy in a gimp suit leading another naked guy around on a leash.

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
                            I wouldn't exactly think of Damir's clothes as the ones I'd wear for an intense day and night out clubbing somewhere, I also haven't seen anyone dressing remotely similar to his or other SZ-discussed designers whenever I went out there myself...interesting.
                            Me neither. I was referring to pierce's description of that crazy guy.

Comment

• pierce
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

I think though that an abstraction of some elements of damir doma will be the next big thing in Berlin. Drop crotch pants, with long t-shirts etc.
                              The swedish tight stone washed jeans with a blazer sleaves rolled up is getting played.

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

I hope so. SS09 had some great party outfits.
                                I will be in Berlin over the weekend and try to prepare myself to see more of what I've been seeing for three years already.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎