• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Jil Sander F/W 10 - Milan

Apparently Raf was inspired in part by Anna Wintour. He has officially come full circle.

Images from style.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

WTF? The boots look like Raf Simons S/S 2009 minus the wings:

Rehashes are bad. Is that the whole collection?
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            i rarely follow womens rtw , in fact i forgot fashion week was even goin on for them.

i like the pattern/print on this dress tho , kinda reminds me of like when u hold a magnet to a tv and it gets all distorted

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

You didn't post the next level camel toe.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

Apparently Raf was inspired in part by Anna Wintour. He has officially come full circle.
                  You forgot to mention Lara Croft. The banality of the theme is admittedly pretty embarrassing, but I'm actually not bothered. I like this collection and would gladly have one of everything, excepting the two pink-accented pieces (however, if I'm to be perfectly honest, "Lara Croft meets Anna Wintour" somewhat accurately describes my personal style ).

I don't see any camel toe in that pic, btw. And I don't see why rehashes are necessarily such a bad thing; I don't see anyone complaining about, say, Collection Blanche. Besides, these are women's boots...

Comment

• asho
                    • Nov 2007

I'm not sure where the criticism is directed either. Seems nice and simple, though, probably more suited to an Australian winter

shouldn't one judge the product of inspiration rather than the inspiration itself.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                      i rarely follow womens rtw , in fact i forgot fashion week was even goin on for them.

i like the pattern/print on this dress tho , kinda reminds me of like when u hold a magnet to a tv and it gets all distorted
                      You and the rest of SZ

Droogist, someone who knows Raf told me that he supposedly is fighting with the ownership that's forcing him to do the rehashes, while he wants to try new things his way. Don't know how true that is.

I don't think this is terrible, but nothing interesting here either...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                        And I don't see why rehashes are necessarily such a bad thing; I don't see anyone complaining about, say, Collection Blanche. Besides, these are women's boots...
                        Collection Blanche is an offering of items from seasons past that is independent of Demeulemeester's seasonal collections. The rehash I was talking about here was the similarity between the footwear from Raf Simons S/S 2009 and that of this collection. The fact that they are for a different gender further highlights that similarity for me. What it suggests is a lack of innovation which, while I don't think Simons can be accurately accused of such (lately we've seen the more eccentric concepts he dreams up), leaves me dissatisfied with the result because it's as though he just transferred a template from one collection to another across genders.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

^ OK, but I still don't consider it a problem. (To use Ann D as an example again, a lot of her popular men's boot styles are ones she's simply transferred from her women's collections.)
                          Droogist, someone who knows Raf told me that he supposedly is fighting with the ownership that's forcing him to do the rehashes, while he wants to try new things his way. Don't know how true that is.
                          Hm. So would this be a rehash of his own work, or Jil's? I really can't tell. In any case, if it's true, it doesn't seem to have been the wisest move, at least at first blush. My desultory reading of online reviews indicates that this collection has been somewhat less than enthusiastically received, with the general consensus being that it's unforgivably reminiscent of the 90's (which probably has a lot to do with why I find it so appealing). Anyone know how is JS is doing financially atm...?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Rehashes of Jil's work, safe, safe, safe. Not sure how well they are doing - don't think they are under an obligation to show financial statements.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

The Anna Wintour nod makes sense. If I needed the quickest word to describe my gut reaction to this, 'frigid' would do.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎